Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unrecorded GR 996 GT3 via Copart; LX53NRN Updated!

oze172 said:
HSC911 said:
No link for the GT3.

Would get my vote too! :thumb:

Ads been removed from 911uk...was a dealer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201802850064

We have been advised that this this 996 GT3 Reg LX53NRN has been subject to a repair and Insurance payout.

BUYER BEWARE - GT3 due diligence required

Car was damaged at the Nurburgring due to a crash in the Summer 2016, a complete Insurance Payout has been made on the car following this significant event.

2004 Porsche 911 GT3
Registration LX53NRN

Should be priced as having accident repair following such an incident.

:?: :pc:

Attachments

• lx53nrn_206.jpg
    lx53nrn_206.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 28,969
  • 2018_04_02_11_38_17_482.jpg
    2018_04_02_11_38_17_482.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 19,818
Oh dear :pc:

I'd maybe offer half the asking price?

was that was T's old car?. big one after Tiergarten....

The car is very well known on Pistonheads/on here and a credit to its previous owner, who pedaled it very well at the Ring and Spa in years past. The Carbon Manthey wing, which the idiotic body shop left without the end plates was on the car before the shunt. The genuine Porsche Cup wheel was also fitted prior to the accident. The only real shame is that whoever did the work to put it back on the road has taken off the Gold BBS LMs and swapped them over for the boring 996.2 wheels. Could be an attempt to hide the identity of the car?

As for the actual damage - I was bidding on this car until it reached £35k. It sold for £39k. Porsche had quoted some crazy number to fix it, hence the Insurance payout. As a matter of fact, the damage could be classified as almost superficial. New bumpers, new lights and a few other things. I came away with £20k repair estimate, Porsche quoted almost three times.

It is sad that the current seller has decided not to divulge the past. However, I have seen much worse 997s put back on the road. Given how good this car was prior to the shunt, I don't think over the long term it was such a bad buy (provided it was properly repaired).

Cheburator said:
The car is very well known on Pistonheads/on here and a credit to its previous owner, who pedaled it very well at the Ring and Spa in years past. The Carbon Manthey wing, which the idiotic body shop left without the end plates was on the car before the shunt. The genuine Porsche Cup wheel was also fitted prior to the accident. The only real shame is that whoever did the work to put it back on the road has taken off the Gold BBS LMs and swapped them over for the boring 996.2 wheels.

Pictures taken at DN13 in September 2015

Cheburator said:
The car is very well known on Pistonheads/on here and a credit to its previous owner, who pedaled it very well at the Ring and Spa in years past. The Carbon Manthey wing, which the idiotic body shop left without the end plates was on the car before the shunt. The genuine Porsche Cup wheel was also fitted prior to the accident. The only real shame is that whoever did the work to put it back on the road has taken off the Gold BBS LMs and swapped them over for the boring 996.2 wheels. Could be an attempt to hide the identity of the car?

As for the actual damage - I was bidding on this car until it reached £35k. It sold for £39k. Porsche had quoted some crazy number to fix it, hence the Insurance payout. As a matter of fact, the damage could be classified as almost superficial. New bumpers, new lights and a few other things. I came away with £20k repair estimate, Porsche quoted almost three times.

It is sad that the current seller has decided not to divulge the past. However, I have seen much worse 997s put back on the road. Given how good this car was prior to the shunt, I don't think over the long term it was such a bad buy (provided it was properly repaired).

Cheburator, thanks for that update.

Note, the car isn't sold, the original 911uk advert was removed from the live classifieds as it was discovered the seller was trade but had listed the advert as private. The advert is still live on ebay.

Usual buyer due diligence stands as ultimately all GT3s should be inspected.

Odd, doesn't show up as Cat D if you HPI it :dont know:

If the Insurance paid out, then it should be Cat D/C/etc :?:

I'm no expert though.

Back to the car...those gold LM's :cloud9:

The turbo has fully adjustable Pss9 Bilsteins, so could be lowered.

If you were to buy on condition, it would win hands down.

I've advertised the car for my friend on here, so if there are any questions, fire away.

The seller is clearly a bit of a Porsche amateur (he has a shed load of other non Porsche cars for sale). To keep the RS/Manthey spoiler on without its end caps AND paint the carbon fibre is very poor indeed.

Oze172, I bet you were having flashbacks weren't you. Yours was the red one that I nearly bought from JZM but you bought instead. I bumped into you by chance at the Nordschleife in the end when you were there for you hundreth lap.

Are you looking at getting back into GT ownership? Or are you just keeping an eye out for the little gem that went walkies? I know I would.

£39,000 would have been a steal even with the silly spolier faux pas.

Pip

Pip1968 said:

Pip

£39k was the price reached on Copart with all the work to put it back on the road pending. So at the very least properly done was £60k. I was suspicious about a slight bent in the rear right chassis leg, which isn't difficult to sort out, but meant engine out, which in turn was another kerfuffle...

And yes, it was Mr T's old steed...

Pip1968 said:
The seller is clearly a bit of a Porsche amateur (he has a shed load of other non Porsche cars for sale). To keep the RS/Manthey spoiler on without its end caps AND paint the carbon fibre is very poor indeed.

Oze172, I bet you were having flashbacks weren't you. Yours was the red one that I nearly bought from JZM but you bought instead. I bumped into you by chance at the Nordschleife in the end when you were there for you hundreth lap.

Are you looking at getting back into GT ownership? Or are you just keeping an eye out for the little gem that went walkies? I know I would.

Pip

H Pip,Bit of both, after that one was taken I still follow up on every red GT3 MKII I see but suspect the car is in various countries in various cars and no chance of finding out which thieving bar stewards too it or what they did with it.

But I am in the market and looking for the next one, although alternatives have kept me going in the meantime ;)

PGR said:
NLW73 said:
was that was T's car?. big one after Tiergarten....

:eek: Definitely no small shunt if it happened there!

Didn't want to outright name the car but I passed it shortly after it happened. These incidents can look far worse that they are at the time, perhaps why it was repaired without being CAT C/D. It's the honesty in the community and pricing accordingly mixed in with human nature to see what you can get away with causing the problem.

lx53nrn_206.jpg

Front bumper looks slightly out, to me.

As this thread has been brought to my attention and since the car has been looked after by 9e, just wish to clear up a few points.

- The car prior to the accident (which I can confirm did happen) was looked after by us for many years
- The car did have an incident at the Ring, which had impact glances on the front and rear n/s
- The car was shipped from the Ring to a Official Porsche Paintshop
- The quote was quite eye watering, but as I understand that was replacing all parts like for like with original Porsche parts, including, for example, instead of repair a panel, replacing it.
- The cost of the quotation was apparently more than 50% of the value of the car.
- It was unsure whether there had been chassis damage from the impact, but the assumption was that it was most likely.

The owner was paid out a settlement and the car ownership moved to the Insurance company.
Whilst I don't know the ins and outs of that, I do know that many accidents on track are not always recorded as a CAT ?, since some of these policies with regards to track usage are treated different. You can for example, take out a policy with Reis that is in addition to your Insurance policy and if you have an accident they just pay you a settlement figure - they do not put any CAT? on the car. I presume but not an expert that in cases of CAT B, there must be some obligation that it is noted - I am not an Insurance expert.

- I see from the thread that the car was advertised on Copart and sold.
- It is now up for sale
- We did see the car last month to perform a geometry on the car.

I won't make a comment on the condition of the car as that would be inappropriate - we have seen it just the once last month for a geometry. As always anyone interested in the car should do their own checks on the car.

One final point, we did tell the trader that if anyone rings us, we would be obliged to inform them that the car had an accident.

Ken

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back