Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan GTS order

jonttt said:
No I'll get the £3k back on Monday, I made sure that I put on the paperwork that the £3k was a sign of intent and not a commitment to buy, the SE could not really stop me as its what he told me first :grin:

SWMBO was more interested in the massage seats than the size of the engine :roll:

Phew! Good move on the deposit! Thought you might have been in for a bun fight there.

Women eh!? Get em off the roads and back in the kitchen! Pah....

Nimrod said:
What a shame the Evoque is no comparison to a Macan a terribly over rated motor in my humble opinion.

In your position I would be looking at the new Alfa or Maserati if the Macan is not an option or maybe an F pace.

At the end of the day I had to accept its her car not mine. Gives me great ammunition that she has the car she wanted now so I can look for something sporty for summer :wink:

If it keeps her happy for a couple of years it will have served its purpose. The idea of combining a hers/my toy just did not work.

Very sanguine of you Jonttt my good lady likes them and Freelanders hence she is still driving her Focus :)

jonttt said:
Sooooo I eventually told SWMBO about the car. As expected she had no idea what it was so took her to see one. To say she was not keen is an understatement :sad:

So today order cancelled and Evoque autobiography ordered which she loved :dont know:

I guess the car was too much for her needs if I'm honest .......... it means I can look for a new toy though :)

Was just ready through the thread , thinking that you had got a great spec after all the 'creep'...then came to this one ....🤔
Women....!
So unpredictable.....no wonder us lads spend time in the 'man cave'........

Imagine that when you were younger , someone in your family came to and said ' I've got you a wee Porsche to run around in lad ' you would have been dumbstruck ....

Women .... ' I'd rather a car that looks like it's been squashed, sounds like a tractor and has a tiny luggage space please !

Women ...' You can't live with them ........and you can't .. '
Well you know what I mean ..!

Good news on the new toy plan though .......

Terry

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back