Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

And its goodbye from me - Please forgive me Ive bought a BMW

Congrats on the house and car.

I got a 335d Xdrive estate 14 months ago and do 1,000 miles a month in it. They are very quick and although it can be a bit boring, it does everything I wanted from a car. Know waht you mean about the spare space. Most of the time there is either just me or one other. Rarely 4, but do use the boot a lot.

I had a 630d before and it felt too large for the local country lanes near us and was no use at all with people in the back, hence the change.

By the way, you could by a huge house for that much in Shropshire and have several Porsches on the drive too! Mind you, the commute into London does take a lot longer. If I get the 7.14 train from the bottom of my garden (4 trains a day and a halt, which means you stick your hand out for it to stop!) I could be in London by 11.05, so by my desk in the city by midday.

:grin:

TJW964 said:
Congrats on the house and car.

I got a 335d Xdrive estate 14 months ago and do 1,000 miles a month in it. They are very quick and although it can be a bit boring, it does everything I wanted from a car. Know waht you mean about the spare space. Most of the time there is either just me or one other. Rarely 4, but do use the boot a lot.

I had a 630d before and it felt too large for the local country lanes near us and was no use at all with people in the back, hence the change.

By the way, you could by a huge house for that much in Shropshire and have several Porsches on the drive too! Mind you, the commute into London does take a lot longer. If I get the 7.14 train from the bottom of my garden (4 trains a day and a halt, which means you stick your hand out for it to stop!) I could be in London by 11.05, so by my desk in the city by midday.

Thats funny, Ive lived in so may houses in my life, Ive given a house away that was literally 2 minutes from Central line station, i used to hear the trains rumble underneath in the mornings.

Ive got so used to living in London and now I'm moving 15 miles from my office, like its a long way, when i know it isn't.

I will be driving most days, cyling maybe once or twice a week in the summer and running home maybe once a week when i'm feeling up for it.

The drive is on the A113 which is a notoriously dangerous A road, that goes all the way to my office, so hopefully the BM will give make for a safer drive on the dark and wet mornings.

I bet the 335 feels powerful, i find the 430 very swift, acceleration is amazing for a pretty heavy car and the power just seems to keep on coming, no flat spots at all.

How is the 335 on fuel, i'm hoping for around 30 to 35 mpg with my mixed driving?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back