Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Screenwash freezes

It certainly turns into glue when mixed with other products as I found out on a long trip in France. Last year the Porsche stuff froze whilst my car was in the garage, popped of the headlight washer jets. Fortunatley I was stationary so caught them as they descended. So this year I emptied and flushed out all the Porsche stuff and refilled with bloody normal screen wash that does not freeze at -1 degree . :goodjob:

I get a bottle of screenwash with every service, along with the posh oil bag, i have quite a collection now. If you read Autoexpress Halfords performed the best which is what I use in winter. The Porsche stuff looks good on the shelf....... :grin:
I have used it but as a summer product only :thumb:

Ancient thread resurrection:

To answer Peter's original Q, there are 2 Porsche branded windscreen wash additives.

Summer version = 'Window Cleaner' (green) 250ml bottle, with no antifreeze, p/n 000.044.000.87 made by www.wackchem.com

Winter version = 'Winter Glass Cleaner' (colourless), 1litre bottle, with antifreeze, p/n 000.044.002.07

HTH

The summer stuff is amazing at really cleaning the screen. I put it in the wife's car before Xmas(before I knew that it didn't have antifreeze properties in it) and it cleaned the screen like nothing I've seen before. Removed the slight water marks/silica residue/mineral deposits or what ever they are, that the clay bar couldn't do.
Its just occurred to me that I don't know where the washer bottle filler cap is on the 911.....google time

I have a bottle of the Porsche stuff in my garage and got it free (added to my bill even though the screenwash tank was full to the brim) with my last OPC service. It has sat full on my shelf ever since, I use the gallon tanks you buy from Halfords and do all my car with that stuff.

I've been using the OPC green stuff. Lathers up well but didn't know it had no antifreeze in it :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back