Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parr-uk review

DJP997

Hi all

I am a new member, and thought I would share my first experience of an issue with this car.

I approached Parr for advice when beginning my search for a 997 turbo late last summer. They were very helpful, and always willing to give up their time to lend advice.

I found my car in Sept-16, which was around 300 miles away from home. Steve & Lawrence at Parr advised on the best processes to follow prior to purchase, especially as I was buying after viewing/test drive only and not a PPI. With this, I agreed a deal with the seller, where they gave me a 1 month fully comprehensive warranty with a note to say they would rectify any issue Parr found on my return home during the Inspection.

Parr carried out the Inspection and reported that I had found myself an excellent example. They advised the 2 rear tyres were around 4.5mm, CD Changer did not work, a battery in a tyre sensor had died, and a few other bits & pieces. Parr carried out the work including 2 tyres and 4 sensors, and settled the bill directly with the garage I purchased from.

Lawrence had advised early on, to turn down the 1 year warranty (for a further reduced purchase price) and take out the warranty with Parr. This much I did.

First Issue with my car occurred last week driving home, I had my foot down in 2nd gear when it stuttered at 6,000 revs before slowly changing up into 3rd! I called Steve at Parr and he advised to bring it in.

I took the car in on Monday, Steve advised the initial steps they would take and call me later that day which he did, to say that the Tech took the car out on a test drive and noted straight away that the boost was down. They carried out the fault read and traced the problem to one of the turbo actuators which was not working correctly. Steve advised he was going to price it up and deal with the warranty side of things for me. I received a call Tuesday morning to say that everything was in place, the part was ordered and it would be fitted Wednesday.

Steve rang me early doors Thursday morning to say the car had been test driven, problem is resolved, that they were about to wash the car so feel free to collect when I am ready.

An impressive experience. Thanks to Steve, Indiya & Lawrence at Parr.

[www.parr-uk.co.uk][/url]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back