Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Let Down Massively by Adrial Flux Insurance

rabbitstew said:
Indeed, assuming they are not uninsured then id just claim off their Insurance and so it wouldnt be a risk for my Insurance company.

I think you'll find you're wrong there.

Have a bump caused by someone else on a roundabout - 99% of the time knock for knock.
Have a bump on a car park - 99% of the time knock for knock.
Many other scenarios - Insurance companies no longer fight it out like they used to, they just go down the knock for knock route.
Best option is to have dash cams on both front and rear of your car and film everything as documented video evidence goes alot further than a punter saying "it were her fault!"

Great if you drive round in a banger. Not so great if you have a beautiful 911 and don't want to make a claim.

That is very poor behaviour from AF, hope they a got suitably 'nuclear' level bollocking for it.

I used them for a modified mini a good few years ago and they were a disaster then and it appears nothing has changed...

andy I'm sure I only paid £360 from classic line for my 993.thats with a 3k milage limit

I gave up with Insurance companies a few years back after having been royally stitched up in a similar way. I started using a small local broker instead, they are at least £200 more than going direct to someone but the level of service, care and attention for what amounts to 20 quid extra a month is massively worth it and when I phone them to inform them I need a week of Euro cover or similar they answer the phone with a "Hi Matt" and nothing is too much trouble.

This year they phoned me exactly 30 days before the current policy expired with a list of everyone that had given a competitive quote, if I needed anything additional over last year and did I want to increase the agreed value on the 996. Sorted in 5 minutes and they e-mailed a copy cover note over as soon as that policy went live.

It really is worth finding a broker you can build a bit of a relationship with as they will look after you far better than a large Insurance company will!

I went with Bridal in the end.

No long waits on the phone to get through, seemed keen and interested to talk to me, rang me back when they said they would.

Both cars insured for a total of £1500 with protected max no-claims.

Understandably my premium has risen slightly due to a small incident in April (i was reversing out of a parking space in our huge riviera blue T4 transporter when someone 'didn't see me' and tried to nip past leading to my tow bar pulling their rear PU off. Total paid out £1350.

So I'm happy to be insured again but still in a haze of disbelief with AF :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back