Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Latest Navigation Maps For PCM 2.1

I went for option C because I am pretty sure my unit still has the factory firmware and has never been updated. It also was the only option that has "911" listed next to it so I am assuming it's the one I need.

I've gone for option A as my car seems to have the correct software version 05395BD1/4505. It tells you how to access this on their website, push MAIN and TRIP together to get the menu up. :thumbs:

In case anyone else is unsure, I posted the same question to the seller and they said I only need option A as I too have the correct software.

New Map disc arrived today. (I didn't need the software upgrade). Installed the disc and it did the upgrade in about 2 minutes and seem to be working just fine. :thumbs:

basildon993 said:
New Map disc arrived today. (I didn't need the software upgrade). Installed the disc and it did the upgrade in about 2 minutes and seem to be working just fine. :thumbs:

Good news :thumb:
The company contacted my today saying I also don't need the software upgrade so I only paid £29. Are you going to test it out on the road anytime soon? Interested to see how it is.

Mine was still running the original 2004 "A" firmware, so I needed the £39.99 set of three discs.

Thanks askgeez for linky :thumb:

I can't wait, I'm expecting proper 3D graphics, amazing zoom ins and flyovers and all sorts of realistic pictures.

Either that or it will be identical all bar a few new roads in areas I never go to. :floor:

Just a note on the very earliest cars (MY2004/2005)

Check your BOSE amp is compatible with firmware update, else either you can't upgrade or if you do you lose the amp - ie ALL audio!

My early 997.645.333.04 (and apparently also 997.645.333.05) BOSE amp is not compatible with the 2009 firmware and hence 2016 Nav maps.

Fortunately, it only takes 30 secs to check:

1) Open frunk
2) Release carpeted tool-kit door with turny clips
3) Prize off gun-metal slider clamp on left side of BOSE amp
4) Slide BOSE amp left (out of fixed guides/clamps on the right)
5) Turn BOSE amp 180 degrees and read the PN on the big sticker on the rear

If you have old BOSE amp and still want this upgrade, only solution to early amp is a new (erm, newer used!) amp

Porsche TSB quaintly describes upgrade path for early models as requiring "spare parts": YES! a whole new BOSE amp :frustrated:

apollokre1d said:
basildon993 said:

Good news :thumb:
The company contacted my today saying I also don't need the software upgrade so I only paid £29. Are you going to test it out on the road anytime soon? Interested to see how it is.

I had it on today and the maps look just the same to me! :?: I presume all the newly built roads will be on there though. :D

basildon993 said:
I had it on today and the maps look just the same to me! :?: I presume all the newly built roads will be on there though. :D

Nice one, did you actually have to update anything or just swap the DVD?

I just had to load the CD. It then said do you want to update software, yes and after less than a minute everything was tickety boo.

We'll sort of.

I noticed a month ago or so that my screen has kind of frozen but only when I hit the map button. I get the feeling I've pressed a button as now it doesn't update as I drive along. I loaded my new CD today and the problem remains.

I enter a destination fine, centre display and dash show when to turn and voice updates all fine. I think it was even zooming in at junctions etc, it just doesn't properly track my progress on the map.

Anyone any ideas?

Sorry no I have not seen that before, perhaps open a new thread asking that question to ask everyone else?

I'v just updated mine and like you said it went through with no issues. Have not tested it on the road but here is a pic of the version before the update...

...and after.

Looking for some help please. I have received four discs to upgrade, one is the dvd maps then there is "pcm2.1 multimedia update cd navigation" and "multimedia update cd1" and "multimedia update cd2".

There are no instructions as to what order to do it in, when to put dvd in, etc?

Thanks for help.

another question...

i have an early 2005 car but without Bose.... does this make it easier, or do all cars have a Bose amp, but only 'Bose-equipped cars' have Bose speakers?

cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back