Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heat Shields

rhino-man

Spa-Francorchamps
My 997.2 4S has just had a service at OPC and they have advised the heatshields are beginning to rattle, not desperate but will need doing in the future and quoted ~£550, does that sound about right? Does anybody know the part numbers to search for, kind find them in the usual suspects?

Heat shields for coils you mean ? Sounds very expensive :what:

Try 9apart :thumb:

Exhaust heat shields I thought.

Yep, just checked the paperwork, "exhaust heat shields corroded and rattling" £531

I thought it sounded a lot hence wanting to source them myself perhaps.

Cheers Demort, thats perfect thanks, that link shows a new list price at £113 each, so that puts the fitting at ~£300, sounds a little excessive, I'll definitely get my indy to sort. :thumb:

9apart have the n/s at £95 and the o/s at £65 on ebay, even less.

How long to fit roughly?

Blimy .. now theres a question .. not done them in ages so i looked at the picture to get an idear .. if lambda sensor comes out ok then i would guess at 0.7 per side .. wheels off .. but i am guessing here .. i fit the dam things not time myself lol

To be honest i do a lot of stuff on a lot of different porsches and i cant remember .

Demort said:
Blimy .. now theres a question .. not done them in ages so i looked at the picture to get an idear .. if lambda sensor comes out ok then i would guess at 0.7 per side .. wheels off .. but i am guessing here .. i fit the dam things not time myself lol

To be honest i do a lot of stuff on a lot of different porsches and i cant remember .

Thanks very much.

Tracked down intermittent rattles at idle to these on my 997.2 3.6L ....3months after buying it off OPC. Would this be covered under their 2 yr warranty or will they attempt to bill me at first service ??

adi7 said:
Tracked down intermittent rattles at idle to these on my 997.2 3.6L ....3months after buying it off OPC. Would this be covered under their 2 yr warranty or will they attempt to bill me at first service ??

Ask them well before the service is due and act dumb.

If not do them locally or yourself, save a bit of cash :thumb:

Mine are not covered by OPC warranty as part of the exhasut.

:eek: Holy thread resurrection Batman ! :eek:

Does anybody have the part number for the cat heat shield?

I can't find it on the deroure diagrams. :pc:

adi7 said:

I'd be very disappointed if the OPC wouldn't fix this FOC - either under warranty or off their own back - and would contact them asap.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emb01
Back