Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where can I get my double din (with Bose) fitted?

mun802

Silverstone
I'm based in NORTH West and tried several places unsuccessfully to fit my Pioneer Apple car play DD head unit to my 2009 Cayman. They either don't want the work as it all seems to difficult or they're quoting £280 just for one interface lead...really!!!
My car has Bose but surely it's not rocket science...or is it?

I'm willing to travel if some one knows of a competent fitting centre.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a little less clear re the 987 gen 2. But the gen 1 with Bose requires a box (Dension makes one, not sure if anyone else)to interface the head unit with the Bose amp. I don't think you get much change out of £200 for the unit.

Am fairly but not totally sure this also applies to the gen 2.

Do you have the interface box and the £280 is just the fitting? If the £280 includes the box, it's probably pretty reasonable.

If you want Bose to work with a double din head unit you need an interface cable such as the NAV TV.
The Bose is in the MOST loop.
Alternatively remove the Bose amp and the head unit will run some of the speakers, but not all.
Or remove the Bose amp and replace with an aftermarket amp.

Thanks for the replies guys. I should of said it's a Gen1 without PCM. They wanted £280 for wiring loom plus £200 fitting!!!

When I did mine 997 gen1 , I needed a MOST interface to allow the fibre optics to work with the new DD head unit ,I used the nav tv one

http://www.nav.tv/products/porsche-pcm2-audio-input-mostaux-por

give the tech guys a call there they are very knowledgeable and will make sure you have the correct kit.
mobridge, denison plus others also do the interface all similar money.

£200 fitting seems fair its about 3 hours work was the price including the gen1 grey double din facia as they are about £35.

if you get really stuck up there and fancy a drive "DAN SAF " the guys that fitted mine would sort you out but it is a bloody long way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back