Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 turbo exhaust

m119cars said:
Lordglenmorangie said:
silvermilnec said:
Lordglenmorangie said:
I notice some say the 200 cell only gives a Small increase around 16 bhp , it certainly feels more than that to me. Very satisfied with the Kline 200 cell on mine as I wasn't looking to turn my car into a drag racer, as for the sound you won't turn a turbo into a NA car but the Kline will give you goose bumps when you open the taps :D

I get goose bumps when i walk passed it in the garage to get a beer from the fridge! :D i must get out more :floor:

Must admit I go in the garage and lift the cover to have a look most days and that's after nearly ten years :D

At least you guys get to look at yours!!!

I purchased mine just before Xmas and put it straight into storage, all I've got is a couple of pics to look at..
we are all mad :floor:

silvermilnec said:
Scholester said:
silvermilnec said:
Just ordered the Kline system well excited :D
Direct from Kline?
If your wanted ad draws any response then you can pass them my way as I may be interested.
Not sure I am ready to stump up for new though this year as too many other bills to pay!

no I ordered through Ninemeister, £1799 plus £15 delivery plus VAT it seems a really good price. I thought it was possibly old stock ordered when the pound was much stronger against the euro, but I rang them today to ask about delivery and they said it had to be built so guess not. It is allot of money but i've heard really good things about Kline so fingers crossed!!

Is that price for the silencer and the 200 cell cats?

basildon993 said:
silvermilnec said:
Scholester said:
silvermilnec said:
Just ordered the Kline system well excited :D
Direct from Kline?
If your wanted ad draws any response then you can pass them my way as I may be interested.
Not sure I am ready to stump up for new though this year as too many other bills to pay!

no I ordered through Ninemeister, £1799 plus £15 delivery plus VAT it seems a really good price. I thought it was possibly old stock ordered when the pound was much stronger against the euro, but I rang them today to ask about delivery and they said it had to be built so guess not. It is allot of money but i've heard really good things about Kline so fingers crossed!!
Yes
Is that price for the silencer and the 200 cell cats?
:thumbs:

Basically with a turbo, if you fit an exhaust that is more free flowing e.g. less number of cats, then you will reduce back pressure, which will give an uplift in performance.

The decatted option will give the most power, then 100 cell, then 200 and so on.

Reducing backpressure will effectively move the entire power curve to the left so the total power under the whole curve will be greater.

People get hung up on xx gain from a modification. Imo it is better to have 10hp increase across the whole power curve than have 20hp which is from 5000rpm to the red line.

You will see some manufacturers of exhaust claim their exhaust gives 40hp for example. That can be true, although not on a stock turbo car - as an example on a 9e20 which runs 20 seconds or less to 300kph, if I run with the flaps closed (more restrictive) the car will run 23 seconds versus 20 seconds. That is probably a 50hp difference alone. So the more powerful the car, the more a better flowing exhaust will contribute.

Ken

p.s. I should add that the design of the exhaust will also reflect any power increases, although I have tested some that actually reduce power through poor design, despite having less cats.

996ttalot said:
Basically with a turbo, if you fit an exhaust that is more free flowing e.g. less number of cats, then you will reduce back pressure, which will give an uplift in performance.

The decatted option will give the most power, then 100 cell, then 200 and so on.

Reducing backpressure will effectively move the entire power curve to the left so the total power under the whole curve will be greater.

People get hung up on xx gain from a modification. Imo it is better to have 10hp increase across the whole power curve than have 20hp which is from 5000rpm to the red line.

You will see some manufacturers of exhaust claim their exhaust gives 40hp for example. That can be true, although not on a stock turbo car - as an example on a 9e20 which runs 20 seconds or less to 300kph, if I run with the flaps closed (more restrictive) the car will run 23 seconds versus 20 seconds. That is probably a 50hp difference alone. So the more powerful the car, the more a better flowing exhaust will contribute.
Cheers ken, and thanks for your advice on the phone the other day!!!
Ken

p.s. I should add that the design of the exhaust will also reflect any power increases, although I have tested some that actually reduce power through poor design, despite having less cats.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a1jgh
Back