Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How many owners has your 993 had?

While i know this was posted on the 993 forums, i feel quite fortunate to be the 17th owner of my 26 year old 964.

Looking at the history the number plate had been swapped out so many times (private plates) that the HPI guy took a week to track down all the information!!!

:bye:

Seven previous owners for mine.

I found at least 75 percent of the owners of the cars that I viewed were claiming to be doctors, or engineers. Even one at auction was 'doctor owned'.

I have framed the previous owner's V5C to preserve HIS previous owner's Title Name and Address.

He is the hernia and vascular surgeon at St John and St Elizabeth Hospital, London.

The tight git still wouldn't spring for the cost of a PCM 2.1 map upgrade :x

I'm the third owner but have been so for the last 16 years. She's in better condition now than when I acquired her of course. :)

yeh, since I bought mine, I have rolled back the years and its not far off a brand new car..........lol.

3 previous to myself in 23 years.

dommorton said:
My car has had 5 former keepers but most didn't keep it for long.

Keeper one (though actually he was a centre-forward) Feb 1998 - Feb 1999
Keeper two Feb 1999 - Nov 2002
Keeper three Nov 2002 - Mar 2003
Keeper four Mar 2003 - Sep 2010
Keeper five Sep 2010 - Feb 2012
Me Feb 2012 - Present

We've debated this one in the past, and it seems it's not at all uncommon for these cars to get passed around a bit.

Although some seem to crap their pants and turn their noses up at high keeper cars, I can't see it being in any way important. Who can say how respectful any of them were to the car. There could have been very good reasons for the sales and you could argue that more keepers means more chance of fresh enthusiasm and care. You could have a one or two owner car where one or both of them were neglectful disrespectful ass hats. I really don't see how the number can in any way determine the quality of the car many years on.

Having a good record of work carried out over the years and the condition the car presents in today are the important factors. We're looking for caring bums rather an outright number of bums.

Pray do tell, what is an 'ass hat'?

"Ass-hat - a person, of either gender, whose behaviour displays such ignorance/obnoxiousness that you would like to make them wear their own ass as a hat. "

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back