Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stainless Steel Exhaust - DesignTek / EuroCup or neither?

Mikee Quickstep

Silverstone
I'm thinking about a full stainless steel exhaust upgrade... both of these are coming in at around £2k for a full system manifolds back.

https://www.designtek.eu/DesignTek-...-30-bhp--Porsche-997-C2---C4---C4S/prod17602/

https://www.porscheshop.co.uk/porsc...w-exhaust-system-997-s-without-tailpipes.html

Has anyone had any experience with either re. sound / performance? Or for a similar price are there other good options available?

Footnote.. I would love a Kline but fear it may be out of my price range :(

Hi mike, depends what you want to gain. I was in a similar quandary last month and decided against a full system as was only looking for a good sound because my PSE system had finally given up after a few welding repairs.

I went for dansk boxes only and it sounds great. Better than before imo with a very deep tone between 2 &4.-5k rpm, bit like a v8 :grin:

The two brackets were rotten too which were £305 each from Porsche but sourced them from 9apart second hand.

Personally I wasn't bothered about power gains as it's quick enough and would you really see the difference with a full system? For the money i don't think it's worth it unless you spend on the intake side too. Or buy a turbo :)

I think Designtek is affiliated with Design911 somehow, I'm sure both source a lot of their exhaust products from Topgear, worth checking out the individual prices on the topgear website. There are also plenty people in here with topgear exhausts fitted. Good products and excellent quality.

Sound wise it will depend on the combination you go for, lots of YouTube clips that will give you an indication of sound.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back