Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why so cheap?

It will be easier to get rid of Ebola than the dealer sell this to an enthusiast. It's easier to say what's wrong with it than what's right with it :what:

Having a 'Q' designation will suggest more than just a LHD to RHD conversion, which aint easy as you need a new bulkhead chopped in. Despite having a 'date of registration' it would appear they cant provenance it otherwise it would have a VRM to that year, so it looks to have been treated as a 'kit car' where a sum of parts have made up what it is (or isnt). Keeping it LHD will have given it more value so all the conversion costs are lost. It's not a 3.2, nor is it a 964 :what:

I'd value it at the sum of its parts (c£12k) and then any fun factor of driving it - preferably with roof up and deep tints for fear of being 'outed' at any Porchse meets you dare to visit in it :what:

Having said that if you're interested and can get a realistic price, good luck :thumb: Or put an extra 5 bags in and buy This one

As Zingari says the 'Q' plate kills it stone dead!

The ebay one is a good looking car and a good colour, can't see it losing much if anything as it's an aircooled 911 and they're only going up, plus it's had an engine overhaul although not a clean!

Are the 964's a good investment? Looking on ebay the next cheapest is £34k surely one could buy at 25k and sell at 32k in the summer? Or am i missing somthing?

there is a convertible 3.2 just round the corner from me that has been for sale for ages, its in good order at 22k but no one wants it, I don't either.

The targa was enough, the electric sunroof also, convertible is like getting half the car.

just my opinion, certainly no offence intended.

I seen this car for sale myself and it looks great, but can you trust that the miles is correct?

Also the 3.2 Carrera had impact bumpers. The 964 had plastic ones like this car but also had a 3.6 motor.

So the car looks like a cross between the 964 early ninties and the 3.2 80's car. Which doesn't add up. This is why it's probably on a Q plate. A mix of different model year cars and can't be recognised for a particular model.

But yes probably worth 12k may be 15k looks like fun to drive but not going to go up in value for a future investment.

This car has been for sale for nearly 2 years. It was originally advertised at £12,995 and has risen in price as other older 911's have increased.. at one point it was up at £30k?

I have been looking for a classic for a couple of years hoping the bubble will burst but it hasn't.. this was one of the ones for sale back then..

not sure that bubble is going to burst, I thought it might, but not now, a slight drop maybe, but no collapse, and you can see why when you have one, everybody comments and looks.

zero interest rates have been a big help, plus gold going through the roof and now shares, and Rolexes.

Don't convertibles have strengthened floors, to make up for the lack of rigidity afforded by the Targa rollhoop?

I think Zingers sums up nicely why its so cheap

It will be easier to get rid of Ebola

He talked me out of buying a Cat D 3.2 (not difficult, it was a bit of a shed) that this makes look positively desirable.

Chester J Lampwick said:
Don't convertibles have strengthened floors, to make up for the lack of rigidity afforded by the Targa rollhoop?

I am not so sure about the 3.2, but by the 964 my understanding is that a Targa is simply a Cabriolet shell with the benefit of the roll hoop adding rigidity (which isn't the same thing obviously).

Surprised that nobody mentioned it, but the arches are flared too so it isn't even standard bodywork. The only way that a Porsche enthusiast buys this one is if it by some clear distance the only one that they can afford IMHO. For it to sell, even if it is a fundamentally good car : somebody has to get a bargain.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back