Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED 997.1 Turbo Manual

Good luck, took me 9 months to find mine, and when it turned up I snapped it up within 16 hours of the advert going live. Totally awesome cars. Hope you find something soon!

Those cars at Hoddesdon are low spec versions of turbos and the black one has a GT2 rear bumper and gen 2 rear lights, aftermarket exhaust and retrimmed interior.

Sounds like a bit of a twit with responses like that to potential customers.

Sure that blue one has been hanging about there for well over a year as it was there when I lived in hoddesdon and I moved middle of last year.

Hi
Selling my GT silver manual if interested pm me

Contact Ollie at Harbour Cars, they will source one for you to your spec and are extremely good to deal with. Plus he's a top fella!
They did this for me 3 months or so ago.

Yer not a fast process trying to find one, must admit after seeing a 996 turbo would be interested in a manual one as well.

Ideally black interior
Grey or black paint
Manual (no 2nd gear issue)

There's one for sale privately on AT.

Grey, 2008/57 with 61k miles

£48,700 seems a great price for a manual car..

T8 said:
There's one for sale privately on AT.

Grey, 2008/57 with 61k miles

£48,700 seems a great price for a manual car..

As long as it is up together and not hiding a big bill. PPI, as ever, is your friend.

adawes said:
Contact Ollie at Harbour Cars, they will source one for you to your spec and are extremely good to deal with. Plus he's a top fella!

Mate, let the guy source one for himself, saving around 15% in the meantime. All dealers do is buy them up, add some Mr Sheen and tyre shine, and its up at 10k more. Most of the warranty's they offer are rubbish as well like AA due to the age of them now.

I don't get why the black one at Hoddles-innit is advertised at 49,999 and he wanted more ..! am I missing something ..?

I think that black car is a very good buy at a tad under 50k !

Boba fett said:
adawes said:

Mate, let the guy source one for himself, saving around 15% in the meantime. All dealers do is buy them up, add some Mr Sheen and tyre shine, and its up at 10k more. Most of the warranty's they offer are rubbish as well like AA due to the age of them now.

I don't get why the black one at Hoddles-innit is advertised at 49,999 and he wanted more ..! am I missing something ..?

I think that black car is a very good buy at a tad under 50k !

My take on a cheap car is that it is only cheap if it is a good car. A poor spec / high mileage or in need of work car may never be cheap enough when comparing to a truly good car.
As long as affordable, a good market value car may be the cheaper option and most rewarding, both in terms of ownership and financially in the medium to long run.
Some of the cheapest cars can be the most expensive to buy and will more likely be a good car especially when considering non cooking models.
The car highlighted may or may not be a cheap car.
Personally, I love hunting down good private cars and give the saving made over dealer prices to SWMBO in the form of a new kitchen or bathroom (eventually :grin: )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back