Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Map Issues?

SamUK said:
Video clip? Is that after map? :?:

You need a rolling road..

Lol. the video is of it on the rolling road... It's superchips mate - they're a well established map company, they do videos on some cars to use for marketing. :)

Actually, Jo's just been on the phone to me and like the previous company before Christmas they also can't do the map over the OBDII, which they were really surprised about. Something to do with the x51 ecu configuration. They'd been in touch with a company in Germany that they swap files with and they don't have that map either.

Anyways, they can do it if they remove the ECU, so the call was to confirm I was OK for them to proceed. Which I was.

CarreraMonkey said:
SamUK said:

Lol. the video is of it on the rolling road... It's superchips mate - they're a well established map company, they do videos on some cars to use for marketing. :)

Actually, Jo's just been on the phone to me and like the previous company before Christmas they also can't do the map over the OBDII, which they were really surprised about. Something to do with the x51 ecu configuration. They'd been in touch with a company in Germany that they swap files with and they don't have that map either.

Anyways, they can do it if they remove the ECU, so the call was to confirm I was OK for them to proceed. Which I was.

Any update on the remapping? Interested to know because Superchips are very near to me :thumb:

DucatiRob said:
CarreraMonkey said:
SamUK said:

Any update on the remapping? Interested to know because Superchips are very near to me :thumb:

Hi Rob. It's done. Have a look at my owners thread for details. I don't want to take over Sams thread. :)

CarreraMonkey said:
DucatiRob said:
CarreraMonkey said:
SamUK said:

Hi Rob. It's done. Have a look at my owners thread for details. I don't want to take over Sams thread. :)

Post a link to it...cant find it..

also i spoke to super chips - they said they only do off the shelf remaps for standard cars and not modified...

as i am thinking of a rolling road remap - not sure if that is even possible...

also the more i think the more i thinking no one really does maps to cater for the mods - its all one map and the just say that for the business...

SamUK said:
also i spoke to super chips - they said they only do off the shelf remaps for standard cars and not modified...

also the more i think the more i thinking no one really does maps to cater for the mods - its all one map and the just say that for the business...

Sam - fatboynash posted his remap details here http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=117100&highlight= He has a few more mods and made 409hp. However you'd need to check if it was a live remap done by DMS or whether they just dynoed before and after loading a generic one, (I assumed with DMS it was a live remap, especially as it cost £800??)

Sam - something else to throw into the mix - have you looked into softronic maps, i came to a similar conclusion to you after contacting a few tuners, and if i do ever get around to it i would consider softronic although i have no experience of them

seeforez said:
Sam - something else to throw into the mix - have you looked into softronic maps, i came to a similar conclusion to you after contacting a few tuners, and if i do ever get around to it i would consider softronic although i have no experience of them

Will check it out..Had a chat with Bob and another mapper...They said the same ..Off the shelf maps will not cater for mods...Very unlikely..As the option are different..

Eventually spoke to Graham @ San speed...the map on a rolling road so mods are factored in...

£72 for me to get my car on the rolling road and for him to check what the map is doing..And then £350 upwards depending on what he can do to make it better...If it needs any work that is..

Worth a try I guess...Was looking to go on a rolling road anyway...

krispe said:
SamUK said:

Sam - fatboynash posted his remap details here http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=117100&highlight= He has a few more mods and made 409hp. However you'd need to check if it was a live remap done by DMS or whether they just dynoed before and after loading a generic one, (I assumed with DMS it was a live remap, especially as it cost £800??)

The map he had from DMS was a live one. Thats why it was £800. Worth it though!

SamUK said:
seeforez said:

Will check it out..Had a chat with Bob and another mapper...They said the same ..Off the shelf maps will not cater for mods...Very unlikely..As the option are different..

Eventually spoke to Graham @ San speed...the map on a rolling road so mods are factored in...

£72 for me to get my car on the rolling road and for him to check what the map is doing..And then £350 upwards depending on what he can do to make it better...If it needs any work that is..

Worth a try I guess...Was looking to go on a rolling road anyway...

Id say it would be the way to go. Have to say, the superchips map i have seems fine from a driving perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back