Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not so new, not so daily - my jalopy reborn.

Monkey, good to hear you finally got the map and got the extra power in the usable low mid range, and great that it is noticeably improved on the x51 that has already been tweaked for more from the factory. But to know you wanted numbers so good luck with part 2 getting the numbers keep us posted and hopefully you will have popped the 400bhp :thumb: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Monkey, good to hear you finally got the map and got the extra power in the usable low mid range, and great that it is noticeably improved on the x51 that has already been tweaked for more from the factory. But to know you wanted numbers so good luck with part 2 getting the numbers keep us posted and hopefully you will have popped the 400bhp :thumb: :grin:

We'll see about that 400. I was hoping for the answer today, but it still remains out of each..

The new torque is definitely noticeable and welcomed. Worth the couple of hundred quid I got charged (mates rates) everyday of the week. :thumb:

Was bored as working from home today and not seen a soul, so took a few minutes out and nipped up to the Porsche Experience Center.

The Rabbit was in good company for sure.

20170110_132601_zps8nal6clh.jpg

20170110_132623_zpsz9kq7ygr.jpg

There was an Uber cool 918 parked up too.

20170110_132644_zpskxqldr3n.jpg

20170110_132710_zpshsrwuwhr.jpg

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

That 918 is a looker for sure :grin:

Sometimes it's nice to pop out for no particular reason, how did the map feel?

KJD said:
That 918 is a looker for sure :grin:

Sometimes it's nice to pop out for no particular reason, how did the map feel?

It felt good Kev. That exhaust is bloody awesome now in sport mode and it's surprising how easy it is to break traction when pulling away or stepping on it in 1st or 2nd. It definitely has some improvement in the mid range and it's feel like a bit more torque and I think it's more noticeable with the psm turned down by the sport mode.

Being normally aspirated, the improvements are relatively small, but I'm pretty sure i can feel the difference and it's real and not the placebo effect. As said earlier, easily worth the £200 it cost me. :thumb:

Good to hear that you felt it was worthwhile and can feel a decent improvement :thumb: Shame about the dyno though!

Think I will be giving them a call in the next few days and hopefully booking mine in too. £200 is a bargain, but guessing you must know them quite well?

DucatiRob said:
Good to hear that you felt it was worthwhile and can feel a decent improvement :thumb: Shame about the dyno though!

Think I will be giving them a call in the next few days and hopefully booking mine in too. £200 is a bargain, but guessing you must know them quite well?
Yeah. That was a mates rate deal. I suspect it would normally be double that and you normally have to go through their retail network. They have a dealer in Aylesbury that have a rolling road and they would be a good option to go to.

http://www.dsautomotives.co.uk/pages/dyno_rolling_road.html

Or richtersport in Bletchley perhaps

http://www.richtersport.co.uk

No sign of the black headlight surrounds, still going to do it :?:

Spent 6 hours on the rabbit today. Normal cleaning routine with an added stage of a wipe of Bilt Hamber pre wax cleanser, before a coat of Blackfire GEP, Blackfire AFPP, then 2 coats of BF Midnight Sun.

Blackfire call it 'wet ice over fire', I call it 'frickin hard work'. Looks amazing though!

The damn thing is sat outside right now glowing in the sunset. Rolling artwork!

Looks fab but FOUR coats in one day? Do you have 36 hours in one of your days?! :)

Jcx said:
Looks fab but FOUR coats in one day? Do you have 36 hours in one of your days?! :)

Only 3 coats of lsp.

Several circuits cleaning the panels prior to them being applied.... :grin:

No pain, no gain. :thumb:

Nice picture of the red rabbit taken by forum member T8 (a red car officianado) at simply porsche 2017.

and another.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back