Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AMG GTS

askgeez

I had a nice treat last weekend...

My mate Gary doesn't want to use his 993 turbo over the winter , so he bought a new "daily driver" (yes really :frustrated: )

His "good" cars are all in a secure lock up 5 miles away, but he wanted something he can leave outside, and not worry about leaving out if it rains.

I went with him to Mercedes Guildford , he bought the ex demonstrator, <500 miles on clock , fully loaded.

The treat was that he let me drive it the 75 miles home. What a weapon . 507hp. 4 litre twin turbo, 0-60 3.7 secs. I read up on it , the technology is incredible with regard to the engineering. E.g. Quite a few "firsts" which I assume filtered down from F1 :?:

Very fast, the noise is addictive, but wow it's HUGE ! The width, the length of bonnet.... got back in my car and it's like a go kart. Was more fun throwing it about the country roads :thumbs:

Fantastic car- looks the business-
Good residuals as well aren't they?

They were on a list of slowest depreciating cars just before Xmas :dont know:

He screwed them down for a year end discount , so price was "ok", but he expects like most things it will lose £ over time he has it , but the classic stuff is offsetting it .... for now :floor:

For all its good points, I still prefer the aesthetics of its gull winged predecessor... :dont know:

I agree, I am not really a fan of all of this downsizing of engines and fitting turbochargers. The car design is being driven by emissions requirements rather than customer requirements. I'll stick my supercharged 5.4l V8 in my SL55 AMG for now.

MC

I've not driven one but do prefer the looks over the SLR which I have driven quite a bit.

You hit the nail on the head with most super cars though, they are too big and too fast to have any real fun on UK roads, definitely more for posing in :bandit:

I took one for a 2hr test drive when they were first released. On paper they looked the goods, aesthetically stunning. The drive however was underwhelming, although noise rather intoxicating. At the end of it, my summation was that you were paying 60k on top of a C63 to get a bit of exclusivity.
So it was a no from me

FZP said:
I took one for a 2hr test drive when they were first released. On paper they looked the goods, aesthetically stunning. The drive however was underwhelming, although noise rather intoxicating. At the end of it, my summation was that you were paying 60k on top of a C63 to get a bit of exclusivity.
So it was a no from me

That was my conclusion also, exactly to the word!

Had a pretty similar experience in a R8 V10 Plus also... :?

s2000db said:
FZP said:
So it was a no from me

That was my conclusion also, exactly to the word!

Had a pretty similar experience in a R8 V10 Plus also... :?
Same here on the Audi......almost too refined. There was no theatre about it. On both occasions, I jumped back into my car and felt that they weren't that much better than what I already had.

Wow, now that`s a nice daily driver :grin:

Can`t see my customers being very happy if I turned up in one of those :floor:

I can just about get away with my AMG sport and a few snide comments.........

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back