Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Axa - Total Rip Off

Disco said:
ManningUK have been good for me for years. Competitive, easy to deal with, no trouble if you make a claim and no issues if you want to choose your own repairer. No issues with modifications if you are so inclined either.

Choosing own repairers and mods are usually typical of the things that are different between policies aimed at high value/performance/classic cars and genral market policies in my experience, not things that are front of mind when comparing prices up front, but may be important down the road (literally!)

I believe swift cover is the same as Axa, so if you can get a good quote with Swift you can then get Axa to match it and you don't need to mess around with a totally new policy. I did this on my golf a few years ago.

Paul

Classicline came up trumps for me on both price and quality of policy. I have however limited the miles that they are covering to 1500.
I have no knowledge of their performance when it comes to claims but they were very helpful and informative when organising the policy over the phone.
I think it cost me £300 but included a no quibble agreed value certificate.

As for classic line

Their website has an issue with job/ I am retired -

Gave up :bandit:

carkid said:
In my experience the various Insurance companies are often a good price for the first year and then just go extortionate to renew- it's so tedious to have to keep swapping around.

Thats what I find every year with all my Insurance - house, car, motorbike etc... 9 times out of 10 I just call my existing Insurance company up and they then price-match without hesitation. Leaves a bitter taste in your mouth though when they happily drop their renewal quote down from £600 to £300 without a blink of their eye. Just goes to show how much they try to rip you off on renewal.

This year however, after 6 years with admiral, they just couldnt get close to hastings who were offering me £400 fully comp with 15k a year mileage, so even though id been "loyal" to Admiral for so long, I just dropped them and moved. Will see who the cheapest is next year and do the same.

Update: I switched to AiB Insurance.

Axa were a total pain, and they suggested I call the Renewals Hotline for a more competitive price, as I informed them I could get it cheaper. After 31 minutes on hold(!), I gave up. I then tried to cancel my policy online, but their website was experiencing technical issues!!

Eventually, managed to speak to a pragmatic human being who eventually cancelled my policy after my appalling experience.

AIB - though more expensive, they offered good perks such as Guaranteed Value via Hiscox. Dealing with them was also far smoother than most bog standard Insurance companies. They did require a Tracker activated, but the cost with the tracker was still pretty competitive.

Speaking of Tracker - wow! First time I've used them and I must say, I was impressed! I intentionally left the fob at home and drove away. Less than half a mile up the road, I receive a text of the alert and a few minutes later, a phone call confirming the exact whereabouts of the car. I hope I never need this for real for numerous reasons, but I must say, i was quite impressed with the service and it does add peace of mind.

Anyway, shout out to AIB and Tracker, and a thumbs down to Axa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back