Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Range Rover Evoque

:thumb: to Mrs s70rjw

Thanks for the input and opinions all, as previous posts it's purely school runs and trips to Bluewater, armoured 4x4 style to keep the nippers protected down the country lanes. BMW X-series are definitely out, I'm an anti Beemer person but I'll keep those opinions to myself. Looking to spend £20-25k so that's the Macan ruled out at £40k cheapest on Autotrader.

@Palladium you nutter, the Mustang 5.0GT's very very different to the Chelsea tractor she's wanting.

I think she'll have to test drive a couple, get a feel for comfort, size and if it has enough boot space then go from there.

Probably the best choice in that price bracket but buy from JLR with warranty :thumb:

Whilst I am old enough to remember all the original jokes about the brand...

I saw this the other day, launching in U.K. Next month. Buy on PCP for really low cost. German underpinnings, and really well specified

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/kodiaq

A Porsche cousin :grin:

I briefly looked at an Evoque for my missus when they were launched but it was a little too compromised space wise and I didn't think it drove very well with a clattery diesel engine.
In the end we went for an Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-line SE which we ran for 4 years and it was absolutely sublime in every area..What a car!

Good point, can't beat a reliable Audi :thumb: Just don't get a Q7 with a wrap and spinners :hand:

Been running one for over 3 years, diesel, auto, heated screen, rear camera Prestige model bought 9 months old from a dealer. 53k miles on the clock now.
It hasn't missed a beat, average 34/35 mpg, no problems with acceleration either, only problem I had was with lacquer on two of the wheels, JLR replaced them under warranty no arguement.
Tows well, takes my 7m long glider trailer up/down mountains across Europe. Has all the gismos to cope with muddy gliding sites too, so never get stuck!
The boot could be bigger but it holds most things I need.
My replacement would probably be the Discovery Sport, just to get the extra boot space but I don't like the style as much.

Ursa911 said:
:thumb: to Mrs s70rjw

Thanks for the input and opinions all, as previous posts it's purely school runs and trips to Bluewater, armoured 4x4 style to keep the nippers protected down the country lanes. BMW X-series are definitely out, I'm an anti Beemer person but I'll keep those opinions to myself. Looking to spend £20-25k so that's the Macan ruled out at £40k cheapest on Autotrader.

@Palladium you nutter, the Mustang 5.0GT's very very different to the Chelsea tractor she's wanting.

I think she'll have to test drive a couple, get a feel for comfort, size and if it has enough boot space then go from there.

sorry, just getting excited about them, not thinking about practicality and image, I think it was episode 1 of the grand tour that has made me desire one. Has she seen one though? lol.

My (Now ex) partner had one for a couple of years & about 40k miles & she liked it to begin with.
However being a typical RR, it had its share of issues.
The electronic hand brake started sticking on.
It was in several times to try & fix a creak from the rear somewhere which initially was thought to be coming from the rear spoiler as there was a mark on the inner trim where it had been rubbing. No luck fixing it even at the end.
The pano roof cracked & thankfully was replaced under warranty. (Insurance windscreen cover doesn't cover it)
It turns out this is a common problem according to the dealership.
Wheels corroding after less than a year & never used in winter, as we put on winter wheels & tyres.
It also started loosing power as if it had gone into limp mode, where it would drop off & then come good again. No engine lights & nothing showing on the diagnostic.

Apart from that, it was a comfortable car for long range cruising & a decent handling motor.
We had the prestige model which was better looking externally, & was fully loaded with cruise, park sensors front & rear & rear camera, heated seats, 20" wheels, detachable tow bar, all leather interior, satnav, heated windscreen & mirrors, folding mirrors too.
Diesel motor, averaging 43mpg ish with a manual.
If you buy one, ensure it has a warranty.

They do seem to be a marmite car, but I liked it!

Just lease one don't buy it.

If it appreciates buy it...if it depreciates then lease it.

Www.vehiclesavers.com

My missus wants one now and that fine. You can lease them for £300 per month inc vat which is good money for such a car.

We ran an Audi q5 for years and it was a great car. Got leggy though with miles n age so time for a change. On winter tyres in the alps with Quattro it would go anywhere.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back