Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996t to 997t this year, pcm question

Graeme Shaw said:
Im guessing they are not electric or heated and have just manual controls?

And thats 2 way sports seats

Sorry did not see your edit :)

I think (someone like T8 will need to confirm) I have seen models with electric seats but not heated so that must have been an option too.

apollokre1d said:
I think (someone like T8 will need to confirm) I have seen models with electric seats but not heated so that must have been an option too.

My car has 18 way adaptive sports seats but they are not heated.

I'm pretty sure that heated seats is a separate option on all Porsche models.

T8 said:
apollokre1d said:

My car has 18 way adaptive sports seats but they are not heated.

I'm pretty sure that heated seats is a separate option on all Porsche models.

Thanks T8, mine has electric heated seats so you're right they must have been separate option.

Graeme Shaw said:
Was the memory function also an option then?

Right, this one is looking good then....

http://www.rsjsportscars.co.uk/showroom_details.php?url=Njc2&id=676&oderid=7

I'm pretty sure that the memory function comes with any electric seat fitting and is probably on all Turbos as I'm not aware of any with manual seats.

The RSJ car looks great value for money. The mileage is probably the reason.

Note: It also has cruise control which, unbelievably on a c£100k car, wasn't standard. Mine hasn't got it. :sad:

T8 said:
Note: It also has cruise control which, unbelievably on a c£100k car, wasn't standard. Mine hasn't got it. :sad:

Neither has mine :sad:

But I'm getting it retrofitted later this month :thumb:

OP - your original question was about PCM. Have you resolved your query regarding that? I mention it as the PCM in the '7 turbo controls certain functionality. If you replace it I'm not sure how you'd control these things. Maybe someone else on the thread does? :?:

I think there were 4 seat options.

1) Comfort -Electric slide and tilt with memory
2) Sports - Bigger bolsters and shoulder support, but are manual
3) Adaptive - As sports seat but with memory, 18 way electric adjustment and lumbar support
4) Buckets - Expensive, manual and rare!

Seat heating was optional and available on all but the buckets I think.
Mine has the adaptives which were on my list of "must haves" when I was looking. Much better than the comfort seats which I had in my previous 996?

New997buyer said:
OP - your original question was about PCM. Have you resolved your query regarding that? I mention it as the PCM in the '7 turbo controls certain functionality. If you replace it I'm not sure how you'd control these things. Maybe someone else on the thread does? :?:

When I asked people who replaced their PCM 2.1 with aftermarket units they said they could no longer see the trip and mpg details on the new replacement units but could still see it on the mini display in the instrument clusters. They may be other functionality lost too.

apollokre1d said:
New997buyer said:

When I asked people who replaced their PCM 2.1 with aftermarket units they said they could no longer see the trip and mpg details on the new replacement units but could still see it on the mini display in the instrument clusters. They may be other functionality lost too.

Looks that way. The functionality controls for door locking, wiper, lights and so on are all accessed via the PCM. Curious about aftermarket units and how they work around or incorporate this. Or maybe they don't and its lost? :dont know: :?:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back