Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2 slave conversion

K9ng

Hello all,

I've been through 2 accumulators in 18 months.
I'm running Sachs 890 clutch and solid flywheel.

Thinking of going gt2 slave conversion,
Looking for feedback on what it is like.

I've just had this done in the last 6months after also running the 890 clutch and Rs flywheel, I was keen on doing this mod due to unpredictable clutch bite. now I can say it's the best mod I've done so far not only has it give a solid clutch bite it feels so much stronger although and bit heavier.
I now feel I could properly launch the car from a standing start if I needed too, although I rarely drive it that hard from 1st to 2nd gear.
I went down the OEM Gt2 setup that requires gearbox removal and drilling and mounting slave to box on The correct side exactly same as GT2.
:thumb:

996ttBULLA said:
I've just had this done in the last 6months after also running the 890 clutch and Rs flywheel, I was keen on doing this mod due to unpredictable clutch bite. now I can say it's the best mod I've done so far not only has it give a solid clutch bite it feels so much stronger although and bit heavier.
I now feel I could properly launch the car from a standing start if I needed too, although I rarely drive it that hard from 1st to 2nd gear.
I went down the OEM Gt2 setup that requires gearbox removal and drilling and mounting slave to box on The correct side exactly same as GT2.
:thumb:

Thanks for the positive advice, I have a kit being installed soon :thumb:

I have done it too as a requirement due to big BHP.... It is heavy but i reccomend it, just as above done properly direct to the gearbox. Is there another way to attach it then ?

FRP said:
I have done it too as a requirement due to big BHP.... It is heavy but i reccomend it, just as above done properly direct to the gearbox. Is there another way to attach it then ?

I've gone for a kit that has a machined billet bracket
To mount the gt2 slave to the gearbox, shares the same components i.e.
Master cylinder, clutch spring. Just a different method of installation.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back