Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Antiques Road Trip TV show red car question

Robertb

I caught a few mins of the Antiques Road Trip TV show where people were buying and selling antique nic-nacs. They were travelling around in classic cars.

One car looked very interesting- but I've no idea what it is!

It was a red coupe, quad headlights, possibly british as it had little union flags on the wings, four exhaust pipes. It had a cream leather interior, piped red. It was not a Jensen Interceptor.

A long shot, does anyone here by any chance know what I'm on about?

Trident Clipper V8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident_(car_company)

1967-trident-clipper.jpg

Where are the quad headlights and union flags?

It was the episode with David and Carrie Grant and it was a Trident Clipper.

The car they were driving had two round headlights and two large rectangular foglights slung below the front bumper.

gunner said:
Where are the quad headlights and union flags?

The above was just an example (in fact it was purely coincidental that it happened to be red)

Apologies :roll:

Here is another (not from the actual broadcast either):

Trident%20Venturer%20V8%201971.jpg

PS - the forum code hates that wiki URL in my first post due to the parenthesis. You need to copy and paste in the address bar

Thank you, it'd been driving me mad!

That is the car... not sure where I got the quad headlights from. In my defense, a quick google reveals some did have 4 lights.

Looked hideous. Hated it. Really didn't like it.

There, I have said it. I await a flaming. Just my view.

I had the same problem tonight Robertb, because I`m sad too :thumb:

So I started the programme from the beginning on iplayer...........I knew one was a Sunbeam Tiger, but the other car was a Triumph Fury :dont know: which I`d never even heard of :grin:

kurlykris said:
I had the same problem tonight Robertb, because I`m sad too :thumb:

So I started the programme from the beginning on iplayer...........I knew one was a Sunbeam Tiger, but the other car was a Triumph Fury :dont know: which I`d never even heard of :grin:

Glad it wasn't just me!

Even worse, I was collecting my daughter from her friend's house when it was on in the background and I actually said out loud in front of the cute recently divorced mum "oooh, can't place that car... a Bristol perhaps?"

This is why Mrs B does not worry about me straying.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back