Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 928GTS picture

peasoup39

Herewith picture as promised. Its still got the 993 wheels on in the picture and its still work in progress but had to try loading picture as i have always found it a problem in the past. Only done a few miles so far but it is a dream car to drive. Will add further pics when uploaded

GetFileAttachment_zpsnfoq44dy.jpg
[/URL][/img]

yes, very nice, very nearly bought one last year, but shat myself when I looked under the bonnet. The legendary land shark :thumb:

Lovely car mate, it'll be mint when you've got it sorted. Do you need to do the water pump and belt?

Just done the belt, pulleys and water pump.
Background to the car is it was bought by someone who seems to buy and restore lots of cars as a hobby. He bought this about 5 years ago. Gave it a glass out respray, fitted new stainless steel exhaust and a set of new 993 wheels and tyres as well as lots of other items. He dry stored it until now and then decided to sell it. Don't ask me why!
As well as the belts i have also had to change all the fuel pipes (to ensure i do not get any under bonnet fires) in tank fuel pump, aircon compressor, drive belts and i still have some bits to get.
These really are money pits if you buy a bad one. I have bought a good one and still spending a lot of money. However i bought it at the right price and its already worth much more than it has cost.
I have not driven it much yet but the driving experience makes it all worth while.
I am a dedicated 911 man but these are out of many peoples price range now and i believe these are now the best Porsche investment.
I agree one look under the bonnet can put you off but if you read up about them and how they work they are not that much more complicated than the 911 but you do need bigger pockets.

its what I call a proper car, everything about them says class, they are definitely the best investment, I notice the prices have jumped in a year, I remember snooker legend steve davis when he had one, says it all really.

I ended up staying with 911 as I felt I knew where I stood with it, and I like simpler things, but maybe one day I will get a land shark. :thumb:

p.s you dident buy it from a bloke in Coventry by any chance, Duncan.

No the car was in North Wales.
Not quite got the hang of these photos yet. trying to load up a few more but after posting one and going back onto photobucket i lose them by the time i come back in. Anyone like to tell me how to put in muliple photos?
In the mean time i will put them in singly

porsche%20928gts2_zpsvjinwtu6.jpg

Think i have lost the plot. Will try again later to load some more photos

getting the hang of it but still cannot put more than one at a time

porsche%20928gts2_zpsvjinwtu6.jpg
[/URL][/img]

porsche%20928gts1_zpsnt3ruvgw.jpg
[/URL][/img]

You are almost there with the pictures! It looks like you are copying the IMG code from photobucket, you can just paste that directly into your posts, you don't also need to click on the IMG button above.

To add more than 1 picture you just add the code for the next picture on the next line and so on.

Yes but when i post and enter a photo and then go out to photobucket again i lose the original post?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back