Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not so new, not so daily - my jalopy reborn.

Liking the black badges and tailpipes :thumb:

CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:
Yep mate "racecar" :thumb: :grin: :thumb: really interested in the gains for the X51. How is it different, more pull in the low mid , smoother delivery, better gear change where are you feeling it. :thumb:

It feels a lot more alive to drive, a bit more responsive and a heck of a lot louder.

Interested to see what a remap will do or if it's even noticeable.

That's good to hear ,as there were some doubters that you could make an X51 better , yes the remap will be very interesting ,whens that next week. :thumb:

I interpreted the doubters saying that it wasn't worth it rather than wasn't possible.

Bang for buck and all that.

I paddle my own canoe anyway and don't listen to people that say you can't or shouldn't. :wink:

It's my money, I'll spend it how I want. :D

CarreraMonkey said:
I interpreted the doubters saying that it wasn't worth it rather than wasn't possible.

I paddle my own canoe anyway and don't listen to people that say you can't or shouldn't. :wink:

100% agree , It's your money I'll spend it :wink: :whistle: :whistle: :grin: :thumb:

CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:
100% agree , It's your money I'll spend it :wink: :whistle: :whistle: :grin: :thumb:
Wasn't that your ex-wife's mantra?

:grin: :grin:

Absolutely it was mate, and now I am reduced to living at the poor house and standing in queues at the soup kitchen. really difficult to find a meter with a parking space outside the soup kitchen though. sometimes it's really tough and I have to resort to going by taxi :) :) :whistle: :whistle:

CarreraMonkey said:

A UNBEATABLE MAXIM IN LIFE - PRAISE THE LORD AND CRACK ON :thumb:

footnote advice required please - currently my wheels are gloss black on a speed yellow 997 - odd for me that I mince - standard - black or :?: a dark graphite grey

jezgreen911 said:
Looking great CM :thumb:

When are the wheels due to be done?

I'll probably wait until the worst of the winter weather is out of the way. They were powder coated just before I bought it, so they're in good shape. I might as well let the silver get the battering and do the black in the spring.

997 COAST said:
footnote advice required please - currently my wheels are gloss black on a speed yellow 997 - odd for me that I mince - standard - black or :?: a dark graphite grey

I'd stay with black. Your car looks badass!! 8)

So had the failed pse actuator replaced and the failed lambda sensor replaced at the weekend, so it's working properly now. However, I do wish the sports exhaust was on or off, rather than activated by the rev range.

I might get the cargraphic module next year so that it's loud when it's in sports mode. We'll see.

In the meantime, next stop is at the rolling road on the 9th of December to get a remap. I'll post up the results of the next phase of tuning once it's done.

Tomorrow should be fun as the car's booked in for a remap with a dyno run scheduled to take place before and after.

Its an off the shelf map, but it seems that everyone does the same one. I probably could get a custom map from DMS but dont fancy the cost TBH.

Hopefully the map will be improved anyway as mine has 200 cell cats and BMC filters already fitted and allowing the engine to breath deeply.

The target for tomorrow is 400bhp. I have no idea what it currently has, but hopefully it's healthy and cranking out close to 390 with its current mods.

Fingers crossed!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :salut: watching closely mate. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back