Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Rip off GAP

Monkeynutz

Another heads-up to anyone buying a used motor from an OPC and has been given the sales patter for Return to Invoice GAP Insurance.
I was told the OPC could do me a 'deal' at £750 for 3 yrs cover on my new to me 2010 997 C4S. I thought that was a tad on the steep side at the time and declined the offer saying I would think about it.
I called Warrantydirect via that comparing website this morning and they quoted me £203 for 3 yrs at a max value £25k on a Return to Invoice GAP policy.

I know dealerships have got to make money but that's just blatant robbery! Not impressed. Don't be fooled and shop around! ;)

That's the extra tax, its called the Porsche tax :eek:

A while ago I had a phone call from my nearest OPC-
She said it was a courtesy call to enquire why I had not been back
to have my 911 serviced with them and if I'd sold the car.

I replied that I still had the car but took it elsewhere to be serviced because
the last time I went to them I felt absolutely completely ripped off.
She said customer feedback was always helpful and she would pass on my thoughts to the manager.

It only begs the question as to how many Porsche customers just pay whatever invoice is handed to them that allows the OPC to not try to be at least close to competitive.

Thankfully these forums exist as a saviour to the uninitiated like me!

carkid said:
A while ago I had a phone call from my nearest OPC-
She said it was a courtesy call to enquire why I had not been back
to have my 911 serviced with them and if I'd sold the car.

I replied that I still had the car but took it elsewhere to be serviced because
the last time I went to them I felt absolutely completely ripped off.
She said customer feedback was always helpful and she would pass on my thoughts to the manager.

lol sounds like the 'I'll take that onboard' I often hear at meetings ;)

My experience with the service department at the opc I bought my 911 from has been many orders of magnitude worse than anything I have ever experienced in 30 years of car ownership.

When I received a phone call from them I barely managed not to tell them to fox trot oscar as soon as they identified themselves....

Monkeynutz said:
I was told the OPC could do me a 'deal' at £750 for 3 yrs cover

Mine was £500 for the `£1000` policy :roll:

There are actually some things where OPCs are competitively priced, but my prevailing impression, especially for the likes of GAP Insurance, is .......
:x :dont know:

Attachments

• ripoff_116.jpg
    ripoff_116.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 11,676

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back