Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For Sale: 2005 997 Carrera 2S

Check out the posts prior to this - mechanical problems, tatty bodywork, wheels needing refurb etc.etc. Six months later still not sold and less than 4 weeks before the 'must sell by date' dateline.
Now looking for a SOR trader in/around Manchester!

where are you?

i had my e60 rear bumper repaired for £150! and it was a great job - could not even tell it had been re-sprayed..

the hole front end of one of my cars, both wings, bonnet and bumper - to tidy it up for £1000

Keep looking around..if in east london i can recommend a garage.

The OP has another thread asking for SOR trader in Manchester.
Cant see a person far away from Manchester asking for this, so assume the OP is around Greater Manchester area.

The OP has less than 4 weeks before having to leave for France. So no time for prepping the car AND realising a sale. Has been trying to sell since summer this year with other threads looking fir mobile mechanic, bodywork places, wheel refurbishers etc.

So...to a large extent Cheshire is right.

I'm based in Manchester, and since the summer I've been trying to get the help of this site in order to sort out several issues with my 911. Basically, I ***** love these cars, the way they drive, the aesthetics, but I know relatively ***** all about cars in general! This is only the second I've ever owned. This forum has been a huge help over the past couple years, guys like Demort, Cheshire and loads of others...I'm very grateful.

But in fact, I've only really started to put major thought into selling it the past week or two. Even though I've known for ages that I'm moving to France, I haven't exactly been the most productive in getting the car in sale-ready condition. Anyway...I have a quote from bodylines in Stockport for £700 to respray the rear bumper and o/s 1/4 panel and blend, plus a new stone chip decal. It's the best I've had, barring a £400 quote from a garage I don't trust. I can have it all done by Wednesday of next week, perhaps on Autotrader by Thursday/Friday.

So, I've not given up hope of selling it privately! Cheers lads

20 years ago i owned a mint nova gte, really loved it. Anyway got a job abroad for 6 months and decided to sell the car, actually my dear old mum sold it for top money whilst i was away.

Biggest mistake i made selling that car , really really missed it and upon my return to the uk bought a r5 gt turbo and the engine caught alight after a month :sad:

Why cant you just put the car into storage ? And avoid this p8ss and panic trying to sell it for peanuts !

He can always buy another one when he returns here! Its hardly a limited run rare specimen!

Storage costs are horrendous at around £40-£50 per week! Some are even more. PLUS he has to insure it and of course maintenance schedule needs to be carried out each year if he is away for a year otherwise a punter sees it and finds the servicing schedule hasn't been complied with!

pancobalt said:
20 years ago i owned a mint nova gte, really loved it. Anyway got a job abroad for 6 months and decided to sell the car, actually my dear old mum sold it for top money whilst i was away.

Biggest mistake i made selling that car , really really missed it and upon my return to the uk bought a r5 gt turbo and the engine caught alight after a month :sad:

Why cant you just put the car into storage ? And avoid this p8ss and panic trying to sell it for peanuts !

Haha I will heed the warning...I need a more roomy, practical, (boring) car and I can't really justify having two right now. So the 997 has gotta go for now...but I'm only 30, so may well be getting one back one day!

Oh by the way, I'm not panic-selling it on the cheap either...if I can sell it in the next 3 weeks for a good price, then great, if not then I will get a close friend to sell it for me while I'm away.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=60000&transmission=Manual&radius=1500&page=1

It's basically exactly this car but with 11k less miles on the clock. So, it will be in that ball park...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back