Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

seeking some genuine cup wheels...

doesn't look like the 7.5J is available and seems in the wrong offset

i believe for 964 they need 7.5J ET65 and 9J ET 55

7 & 9 offset on originals is 55, Rose passion list 7.5 as 55 too but not sure if it's correct. I don't think 65 would be a problem though but check with those in the know.

learning something new everyday

for the 928 gts it's 7.5 et65

For 964rs it's 7.5 et55

For regular C2 it's 7.0 et55

The stock wheels for the 964 were 6x16 ET52 up front and 8x16 ET52 at the rear. The 17" wheels were an option at 7x17 ET55 up front and 8x17 ET52 at the rear.

I run a wider 9x17 ET55 rear wheel, which I believe was the 964 Turbo rear wheel size. But it fits without problems on a narrow body 964 at the rear.

Each to their own, but I would not put replica wheels on a Porsche. But that's just me.

The original wheels were made in Italy by MM and Speedline iirc so describing the MM as a rep is a mute point. The MM offsets 52/47 are better on the 964 than the original wheel's 55mm offsets as it means front and rear wheels sit further outboard by 3mm/8mm respectively. The 7.5 inch front also allows the fitment of a 225 tyre which many prefer as it adds front end grip.
The cup race car wheels also fit, these are 8 front with 52 offset and 9.5 rear with 65 offset that requires a spacer to work.

ras62 said:
The original wheels were made in Italy by MM and Speedline iirc so describing the MM as a rep is a mute point.

I disagree.

Firstly, if a wheel looks different (different shape of spokes, different lip shape and different appearance/shape around the wheel nut holes and center cap), has different specs and has no original manufacturers part number, what else should it be called but a replica?

Secondly, to my knowledge Mille Miglia never produced OEM wheels (at least the Cup I's) for Porsche. Speedline, yes. MM, to my knowledge, no.

what would be the difference in fronts between using a 7J et55 rim
And a 7.5J et65? probably slightly heavier maybe run a slightly wider tire and the center of the wheel sits pretty much on the same plane since the extra 10mm is about half of the extra width (0.5")

as with rims i just want oem nothing against good replicas but oem is what I want

If non oem rims i would go for something like speedlines or fuchs

Adrian the 7.5 65 offset would probably need a spacer to stop the tyre rubbing on lock as it moves the inside of the wheel closer to the centerline of the car. If you plan to stay with 205 tyres I wouldn't bother with the larger rim tbh, stay with the 7. If you want to run the wider tyre the 8J 52 rim will be found easier than the 7.5J imo.
Teme, I have read all sorts on where and who made these wheels and the answers are never clear. I prefer the MM fitment to the original for the reason explained. The weight difference talked about is tiny and is explained by the MM having a few mm wider track.

that's a good point let me investigate the offset a bit

Are the 7 et55 fronts much easier to come by? any leads where I could locate a set?

adrian993 said:
that's a good point let me investigate the offset a bit

Are the 7 et55 fronts much easier to come by? any leads where I could locate a set?

You can get the genuine Cups new from several sources. I posted one link earlier, but plenty of other shops sell them, too. And you can get the 7x17 ET55, 8x17 ET52 and 9x17 ET55 genuine ones no problem.

If one wants replicas due to lower price, different offsets or whatever other reason, I would still not necessarily go for Mille Miglia. Borbet made Cup I replicas that are closer in appearance to the genuine Cups and they were the same sizes and offsets as MM. However, they were heavier and no longer available new I think. But another replica to consider is the Maxilite Cup I's that are again same sizes and offsets as the Millie Miglias, but lighter in weight (by about 1kg per wheel at the front and 3kg per wheel at the rear - if their quoted weight is true). These are available new at about the same price as MM and also look pretty much identical. Linky: http://customer.maxilite.ch/en/felgen/pocu9017513047

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back