Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Long shot - anyone have one of these in their parts bin?

deutschland-dobson

Gents,

The '64 is in the bodyshop for surgery. Last week I ordered a rear indicator metal frame (left hand side) from Porsche. I was told 2 days from germany. Garry has the car in bits and the unit is on back order, not due to the end of next week :wack:

I dont suppose anyone has one in their parts bin?

Part number:

96450305501GRV

Chris

Attachments

• 96450305601grv_104.jpg
    96450305601grv_104.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 5,747
Panic over. Porsche have flagged the item for quick delivery. It will be here either Saturday or Tuesday :)

Chris

This looks like a common problem area Chris. Just had both replaced on mine as you will probably seen when you were in at Garry's.

Mind you they are not cheap parts from Porsche! :eek:

Defo a weak spot Thomas :roll: how's tricks, you happy to get yours back?

At least the off side was ok for me. Im getting the n/s bumper reinforcing bracket sorted and the rear bumper mounting points replaced and a bit of paint. All common problems.

I'll get some photos added to my thread next week :thumbs:

Picked up the part today. Much cheaper from OPC than others, but still not cheap.

Chris

Hi Chris, we're all well thanks. I trust you guys are too.

No sign of my car yet! Not sure when I will get it back as it keeps being pushed back. No hurry now that the weather is turning.

Had lots of bits of metalwork fettled so at least it will be spot on when it does come home.

I bet the O/S one was like brand new, or at least mine was after they'd scraped all the oil sludge from it having been the collecting area from various oil and filter changes over the years :roll:

Zingari said:
I bet the O/S one was like brand new, or at least mine was after they'd scraped all the oil sludge from it having been the collecting area from various oil and filter changes over the years :roll:

You're right Zingers, useful stuff that oil and plenty of it :puh:

Popped in to see the car today. There's a hell of a lot of work going in to what I originally thought was a half day job. Talk about rust iceberg :nooo:

It'll look good as new once done

Chris

P.s decided on a colour for the BBS LM centres...

Attachments

• image_800.png
    image_800.png
    841.1 KB · Views: 5,441
Hi Chris,

Had to have mine replaced on the NS too, OS was fine. I know you are sorted now but I think I got mine from Porscheshop, next day delivery direct to Garry.

Steve

Mr Bacchus said:
Hi Chris,

Had to have mine replaced on the NS too, OS was fine. I know you are sorted now but I think I got mine from Porscheshop, next day delivery direct to Garry.

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve :)

Crazy times, but Porsche direct were cheaper on each part! Ordering a bumper reinforcing bar/ shocker next. Fingers crossed car is back Monday :)

Chris

I buy 99% of my parts from Porsche but for that item I wanted it ASAP as I was pushing to get the car back.

I have mixed experiences with non-OPC vendors and one big name has consistently let me down on big ticket items.

I managed to refurbish my bumper bar a couple of years back. Garry replaced the NS bumper damper bracket for me as it was crumbling, again the OS was fine.

Mr Bacchus said:
I buy 99% of my parts from Porsche but for that item I wanted it ASAP as I was pushing to get the car back.

I have mixed experiences with non-OPC vendors and one big name has consistently let me down on big ticket items.

I managed to refurbish my bumper bar a couple of years back. Garry replaced the NS bumper damper bracket for me as it was crumbling, again the OS was fine.

That's the one, bumper damper bracket! NS one is holed, so for c.£40 I'll sort it while I'm on.

Know what you mean about non OPC.

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back