Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1969T Restoration - by Porsche

astonmartinnewcastle said:
Hi Ken

We have just purchased a Porsche 911 Targa 1970 :D and would love to restore the vehicle back to its original factory specification and looks :?:

I was wondering if you would be so kind to point us in the right direction, I have contacted Porsche Customer Assistance and due to the vehicle been 1970 the information they hold is limited.

You vehicle is stunning by the way! Job well done

Jo
:D

Starting point is to get COA for the car from Porsche. Then at least you can see what the precise spec for colour was, what options. Too many of these cars have been repainted, retrimed away from original colour.

Then I would get a full inspection on the car.

We will finish our car early next week. We found on the car a number of issues from the previous owner e.g. the wrong fuel pump was fitted, the wrong distributer etc. Things that were not obvious and it is very difficult to find sources for the correct information. I think lots of times these cars go through rebuilds with different components used for various reasons and maybe the difficulty of getting original (even second hand parts).

These cars are quite simple in design. Most of the time diagnosing is not the problem. We had this with the heater not working for example, and you cannot get another motor, so you have to strip the motor and rebuild. Everything is possible.

In terms of paint, then Porsche Approved Body Shop will be able to get information on how it was painted - specifically talking about how it left the factory in terms of paint for floor, wheel arches and underneath.

So starting point would be COA and then full inspection.

And be prepared for a long project depending on condition. Trying to fix things takes time unfortunately.

Welcome to give me a call or email and if I can help in anyway I will.

Ken

Hi Ken

That's great thanks I have just call Porsche for the COA on the vehicle :)

and now the fun begins :eek:

I might need some more help soon :thumbs:

Cheers Jo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back