Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trying to track down a car - old 911.

lindrup119

I'm trying to dig up any information I can on a 911 that my Father owned in the 90s. I'm hoping from my very brief description and two photos some of the experts in here might be able to shed some light, which would be a great start! :worship:

Unfortunately he no longer has any of the documents or anything relating to the car, bar a couple of pictures, and the dealership (Parkers in Kendal) said that a lot of their old paper records were simply deleted about a decade ago in the transition to digital. So no luck there.

It get's worse...

The car was delivered on a private plate, which is still in the family and has been on a handful of different cars since. Is there a way (via the DVLA?) that I can trace the history of the plate rather than trying to find the car, which seems impossible with zero information about it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

zlnVrJJ.jpg

OWEeFt0.jpg

Hi,

You may have more luck posting in the 3.2/SC section, and over on the 'impact bumpers' web forum, Porsche Club GB forum.

Can you give any more info on the car?... it looks like a post '88 G series Carrera Supersport, black with linen hide. It will likely be E, F or maybe G reg if its on a standard plate.

Robertb said:
You may have more luck posting in the 3.2/SC section, and over on the 'impact bumpers' web forum, Porsche Club GB forum.

Thread moved. Good luck :thumb:

Thank you! Apologies, to my untrained eye it looked like a 964!

Having quickly googled G series Carrera Supersport, that does look to be bang on. Would that make it a 3.2 being from the late 80s? Please excuse any stupid questions, I'm not clued up on this era of 911s at all.

No worries, we're all happy to help!

Its defo post '88... being a geek I can tell from the foglights or lack of in the rear bumper which would make it a late 80's so-called G-series.

Its a turbo bodied car too, which would make it a Supersport.

Here is a late black one, different colour interior though.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...pre-89/porsche-911-carrera-supersport/6280632

It would have been a great car. If it was reasonable miles it would be worth a lot of money now!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back