Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Carrera GT or 911R?

If both were priced on the 2nd-hand market at around £600K, would have to be the GT. It is a true classic in every sense of the word.

In my eyes, even if the 911R is selling on the 2nd-hand for 4 times the MRRP, doesn't make it an equivalent car to the GT.

CGT for the win..It belonged in a different time to the VW 911R

GT imo ;)
When the 991.2 GT3 is released next year the R will be worth a lot less than it is now but the GT will still be mega bucks ;)

Damn I just posted this video, didn't see your thread :pc:

Monkeynutz said:
GT imo ;)
When the 991.2 GT3 is released next year the R will be worth a lot less than it is now but the GT will still be mega bucks ;)

That's based on the assumption the 991.2 GT3 will effectively be a NA car with similar/same engine and manual gearbox. I have a hunch the new car is going to be a turbocharged variant like the engine in the new Carreras.

isysman said:
Monkeynutz said:
GT imo ;)

That's based on the assumption the 991.2 GT3 will effectively be a NA car with similar/same engine and manual gearbox. I have a hunch the new car is going to be a turbocharged variant like the engine in the new Carreras.

According to this it should be :)

https://www.total911.com/exclusive-porsche-confirms-next-911-gt3-will-be-naturally-aspirated/

Like for like price, CGT without a shadow of a doubt!

The 911R seems to me to be the sort of car Porsche should build as a series production car, not just a special edition.

Another question (given that they are a similar price); 993RS or 991R?

911R is fugly with the tacky stripes and lack of rear wing to balance out the deep front splitter. New manual gt3 will prob be a close approximation of the 911R. GT for the win, a legendary car, always will be!!!!!

I don't even know how parallels can be drawn with these two. The CGT is on a different planet entirely, in every department other than price. There will never ever be anything again produced even remotely as special as a CGT.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back