Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full circle (again!) searching for perfect exquisite 993

kevsta said:
That black one is nice, shame it has the comfort seats.

Are they the comfort or the sports seats? I'm never sure which is which.

I am pretty sure they are the comfort seats as the bolsters are very flat....you can get the sport seats like you see in the 964 which are abit like them with much bigger bolsters.....i would like to explain myself through the medium of photographic evidence deep from the archives of this very forum..
5C475CFF-D822-4254-9157-2B721B37A440_zpsub3jctii.jpg

sport seats are very nice.....the hardbacks even nicer.....recaro A8's....even nicer....and i do like a nice old school recaro CSE.

Think this applies to the 964....then the 993 you get comfort or the sports hardbacks....please correct me if wrong.

kevsta said:
Think this applies to the 964....then the 993 you get comfort or the sports hardbacks....please correct me if wrong.

In the early years of 993 production the sport seats were an option. They are basically identical to the 964 ones but have curved stitching where the 964 is straight. The least popular seats have to be the supple leather seats. These were only on the comfort style and can be identified by the baggy (extra leather) appearance to the base. Usually found on the 12 way seats but they just look crap!

To be honest, seats are really the least of your worries. If the other boxes have been ticked then you can always buy different seats at a later stage.

Nimrod said:
I have just sold a black c2s with hardbacks described by the dealer as mechanically excellent for £1000's less than that with 936k miles.

Might as well drive it through the million mile barrier...

:floor:

:D I agree Gunner and I probably would have . Sorry 93K miles .

Sat here this morning I wish I had kept it and used it as a daily driver, it is the only car I have ever sold I miss. Another 15years driving would have got it close to 400K miles .

I reckon a full rebuild and a couple of suspension refreshes should have done it.

How about a 97 R Carrera 4
Arena Red
Grey leather
21,000 miles
Full Main dealer service history
Armourfended front so original paint work
Supplied by me @ 17,000 miles 8 years ago
The mechanic said the car had never been driven in the Rain and still had the underbody wax from the factory
Not advertised
But the owner would sell

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back