Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WTB: 996 Turbo / GT2 Roll Cage - Bolt in

Jamesyg

As above - am not overly concerned on make - would prefer an RSS 930 or GT2 cage, but would consider Agency Power etc.

Just seen thanks mate - bit out of my price range unfortunately, otherwise would have been perfect.

996ttalot said:
James,

Just buy the 996 tequip cage from Porsche - it is about £800 and will fit perfect.

Ken

p.s. the RSS cage whilst excellent is only for LHD. They won't produce RHD version unless minimum order of 5 cages and then there is the shipment issue.

Cheers for this Ken! Didn't realise it was so cheap - not got a part number have you?

Give me a call in a few days - be keen to talk brakes!

Thanks mate.

HSC911 said:
Jamesyg said:
not got a part number have you?

Part number: 996.580.981.00 or 99658098100

:thumb:

Legend - thanks mate! Much cheaper then I expected!

Jamesyg said:
HSC911 said:
Jamesyg said:
not got a part number have you?

Part number: 996.580.981.00 or 99658098100

:thumb:

Legend - thanks mate! Much cheaper then I expected!

Top tip - talk to your OPC on this - they don't sell many and have a large margin on these parts :thumb:

You should be able to get for around £830+vat. Just checked.

Nice one - cheers Ken!

They've quoted me bang on £1k inc. VAT so pretty much the £830 ex VAT

I'll get it ordered in the next few weeks and go about the task of fitting it. Doesn't look like too big a job if I engineer some studs rather then using bolts.

Jamesyg said:
Nice one - cheers Ken!

I'll get it ordered in the next few weeks and go about the task of fitting it. Doesn't look like too big a job if I engineer some studs rather then using bolts.
Pretty much bolt in. Just be careful - you can rip interior, especially headlining etc when trying to fit it, so taking your time really is worth it.

996ttalot said:
Jamesyg said:
Nice one - cheers Ken!

Pretty much bolt in. Just be careful - you can rip interior, especially headlining etc when trying to fit it, so taking your time really is worth it.

Maybe the £300 they quoted to fit it is worth its weight in gold.

Can't you move closer to the North - would make my life easier!

Jamesyg said:
996ttalot said:
Jamesyg said:
Nice one - cheers Ken!

Can't you move closer to the North - would make my life easier!

£300 is worth it

Can't move closer but doubling the size of our premises in January

Jamesyg said:

I know someone who broke their windscreen fitting one...cage hit the rear view mirror...CRRRAAAAAAAAACCCKKKK :eek:

HSC911 said:
Jamesyg said:

I know someone who broke their windscreen fitting one...cage hit the rear view mirror...CRRRAAAAAAAAACCCKKKK :eek:

Ouch! OPC can fit it... if anything goes wrong at least they'll stomach it!

HSC911 said:
Jamesyg said:

Tis quite common thing to do, i done it in mine. When it hits the rear view, wiggle the mirror at the same time as pulling the cage back and it will go without cracking the screen

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back