Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Has anybody tried the 2016 updated Pirelli P Zero ?

Iwantone

Hi,

I know Michelins are highly regarded and I have very good experience of the MPSS on a previous car but I see Pirelli have a new and improved 2016 PZero that is considerably cheaper.

Has anyone fitted them this year and can share their experience ?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Steve

My 991 is about 30 months old and has had PZero N0 tyres on since new. Had 2 new rear PZero tyres fitted in April (assume they are the old design).

Find the PZero a slight disappointment - grippy and surefooted in the dry, but as they approach the limit, then they become quite unpredictable. Do not have much confidence at all in them in the wet.

Hopefully the new design PZero tyre is N-rated and will be an improvement over the current design which dates back to at least 2007.

Thanks for the information.

I understand they are N2 rated and have had many changes to improve several areas including the ones you mention.

With the Porsche club reduction they are coming out at £682 compared to £900 for MPSS on my C4S so quite a difference but of course I don't want it to be false economy....

Iwantone said:

I understand they are N2 rated and have had many changes to improve several areas including the ones you mention.

With the Porsche club reduction they are coming out at £682 compared to £900 for MPSS on my C4S so quite a difference but of course I don't want it to be false economy....

That is a really good price, where did you get that quote?

carlosjonez said:
Iwantone said:

That is a really good price, where did you get that quote?

With the Porsche club membership you get £50 cash back on Pirelli tyres but you have to use a Pirelli approved 'performance centre'. You can Search for you nearest locations on the Pirelli website. If I remember correctly the best price for me as from Kwik fit online.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back