Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console paint/coat group buy

Mr02ard said:
I'm friends with Chris and Lyle who own wicked coatings- I might give them a call in the morning if it helps Phil?
thanks for the help that would be great, could you let us know what they say?
Cheers Chris

I've had mine done Piano Black, was going to have it done Basalt, and I'm glad I didn't. Piano Black looks Class.

Its a year old now and looks the same as it did when it was first done.

Boba fett said:
I've had mine done Piano Black, was going to have it done Basalt, and I'm glad I didn't. Piano Black looks Class.

I remember seeing the photos of yours it does look nice whats your thoughts on a clear wrap to protect it from kids etc .

Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:

I remember seeing the photos of yours it does look nice whats your thoughts on a clear wrap to protect it from kids etc .

Might be an idea, mines more with the wife and her LV handbags with the brass corners, they are like a lethal weapon.

All I did was protect the seat belt backs a bit more, and its stood up very well indeed.

Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:

Might be an idea, mines more with the wife and her LV handbags with the brass corners, they are like a lethal weapon.

All I did was protect the seat belt backs a bit more, and its stood up very well indeed.

OK thanks mate , I have got some seatbelt fastener back stuff so will redo it as well. :thumb:

Is this open to 996 consoles?? Fancy having mine done in body colour, glacier white

jimmy p said:
Is this open to 996 consoles?? Fancy having mine done in body colour, glacier white

No Problem Jimmy, we must be quite close with interested numbers, we need to wait for Chris to speak with wicked coatings and finalise what the next step is . :thumb: :grin:

Do they have expertise to take out the console aswell, or do you have to remove yourself?

Any pictures of Piano black centre console?

Probably going to still go leather with Linas, but its really expensive, and would like to know my options.

I'm interested too, just picked up a 997.2 and its probably the worst bit of the car with a coupld of scuffs, its not bad but I'd like it better.

I'd be keen in having mine done if this is extended to include 996 :thumb:

Can a Boxster owner express an interest in this??

If we've got to remove ourselves then can anyone point me in the direction of a 'how to' guide please?

Also, will this include the ashtray lid?

Finally, my 987 is Atlas Grey with black leather - what colour would people recommend??

Cheers. :thumb:

Gents the final price when Chris the OP has gauged the interest and re-discussed with wicked coatings, will be for a centre console of up to 7 parts
I believe for the 997 that's

1/ main console body
2/ rear oddments tray, not on boxter
3/ under handbreak banana piece
4/ small square section where the cab roof button would be
5/ front gearstick surround section
6/ section under leather armrest ,armrest is attached by 6 screws
7/ ashtray lid

don't think there is any more to it if I have missed any part please highlight it.
the 996 I am unsure how many sub sections there are in it.

I have brought a used console off ebay and am going to get that painted to save messing around :thumb:

Gents ,I see no reason why this should not inc. any model that is owned by 911uk members. as it can only benefit the whole group. I am sure the group buy organiser Chris would agree :thumb: :grin:

I intend to ask my indy to swap mine over , and anyone not DIY handy I suggest you do the same , the car can still be driven with no centre console. :thumb:

Had my grills in the front bumper done by Wicked Coatings. Very happy with the job they did.

Might be interested in getting my Boxster console done. Not sure yet as I might be getting a newer car in the spring. I'll see what the group buy comes up with and make a decision.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back