Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2nd car

It should be illegal to own more than one car :bandit:

We've each got our own car, so I have the 997 as my daily driver. My wife has her own more family oriented car. I still have my old car back in Finland, as it's a keeper, and we can use it in the summer time when it's too hot and too dry to stay in Dubai. But it doesn't really count as a three car garage.

I reckon it's a great idea to run two personal cars, as I can't really help but fiddle with them: there's a sporting chance that one is waiting for a new set of brake pads, or it needs a visit to the independent, or it's too small, or it's winter, and you can then simply use the other one. One should be a proper driver, and the 'other' should be quick, but a bit less compromised. I'm not at all interested in running a snotter, or a shed or some such.

I was pretty happy with the garage before we moved down here: my wife had the family wagon, I had the summer/trackday car, and I also had the (mildly modified) four door AWD (winter) car. :grin:

:coat:

MC

If you can afford it, buy another car & get it on the road. It's your life, and your money.

Would it probably work out cost effective? Probably not after depreciation of both cars every 12 months, twice the Insurance, Mot's, road tax, services, wear and tear. But you probably have already done the math & know the answer.

Mine are garage queens, other people use them daily, it's entirely your choice :thumb:

Had two cars ever since I had my double garage. I had a cheaper second car but I got fed up that I have a Porsche and I was driving various low end cars so I bought a second Porsche. A Boxster. Now I get to drive a Porsche every day!

Good thing about it is as others have said, helps to make the 1st car more of an event when you drive it and stops it from getting damaged by scumbags at the supermarket. (Came out to find a McDonalds cup on my car once, car covered in coke.)

Doubt it helps with keeping costs down but it does have its merits. And if you put a lot of miles on your Porsche it could tank the value.

as above my second car is also a porsche...boxster which is also a lot better on fuel and being a convertible gives me a few more options and in a different kind of way just as much fun to drive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back