Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S - Press Release

Looks interesting the super sport has not been out long and they are replacing it with PILOT SPORT 4S hopefully even better than the MPSS but I searched the link and the links in the link and couldn't find any ref to whether its N rated or not any one got any ideas because if it is then its got to be the natural next tyre for guys with warranties. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Looks interesting the super sport has not been out long and they are replacing it with PILOT SPORT 4S hopefully even better than the MPSS but I searched the link and the links in the link and couldn't find any ref to whether its N rated or not any one got any ideas because if it is then its got to be the natural next tyre for guys with warranties. :thumb:

Agree, I'll try and remember to email Jamie of Michelin.

It was interesting reading this today as I'd ordered 4 x MPSS only to receive a call earlier stating that they had no stock of 305/30/19...I guess a blessing in disguise. I just need to be careful for the next couple of months as he rears are getting low.

Ive just emailed Jamie, I'll let you know the outcome of whether they are or will be N rated.

Iwantone said:
Ive just emailed Jamie, I'll let you know the outcome of whether they are or will be N rated.

:thumb: perfect thanks :thumb:

ragpicker said:
Longevity 31k miles!?!?! :eek:

I can't even get 6k miles out of the rears on the boxster, let alone the big dog!

I know, I'd be very happy with 2/3 of the 31k miles. The price of them will be interesting, especially with the current exchange rate.

So currently not N rated. I have asked if there are any plans...

On the subject of N rating, Porsche are explicitly mentioned in the press release, so indications strongly imply that the answer should be either "yes" or "eventually", particularly given that the list of sizes includes all 19" 997 sizes including the 997.2 RS / GT2 RS. There isn't much else that you could put a 325/30R19 on...

It'll be interesting to see a response from Jamie at Michelin to clarify :thumb:

On my 991, I have precisely the choice of 1 N-rated tyre and that is a Pirelli. :dont know:

I'm hoping that Porsche do the decent thing and give me at least a second choice of a N-rated tyre in the form of the new Michelin PS4S. Call me cynical, but feel that the Porsche marketing and commercial people will probably get together and conclude that the Pirelli remains the only choice. Bet Pirelli pays dearly for such a monopoly. :x

Any news on whether they will extend the range to cover 17" and 18" fitment?

Yes, it's not good if you have to keep N rated for warranty purposes. This is the email response I received -

At the moment nothing is N rated for 911's
We have other N rated tyres in the range for Panamera/718/Cayman

at the moment nothing for 991 or it's replacement

I have asked for clarification but reading between the lines there are no plans for the 911...

Iwantone said:
Yes, it's not good if you have to keep N rated for warranty purposes. This is the email response I received -

At the moment nothing is N rated for 911's.
We have other N rated tyres in the range for Panamera/718/Cayman.

At the moment nothing for 991 or it's replacement.

I have asked for clarification but reading between the lines there are no plans for the 911...

Would not surprise me in the slightest that the PS4S does not get a N-rating any time soon or ever.
Pirelli pay the Euros to Porsche to keep Michelin out, or the 911 Porsche engineers are all sponsored by Pirelli. :damn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back