Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ventilation

ras62

Well specifically the airflow through the center vents. Mine is fine through one side and weak on the other, much to my bemusement as there is nothing obvious causing this.
Browsing on Rennlist where a chap had removed his vent and found there was little to nothing left of the foam seal where it meets the internal system. This would explain the imbalance between the two vents. A simple fix to improve your ventilation :thumb:

Hi Rob,

Mine's the same so I'll check that out thanks :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

hi Paul

I have checked a few different cars both 964 and 993 and they have all been the same so I put it down to being just one of those things. Seems 20% of the airflow has been cooling the back of my dash all along.

Best, Rob

Hi Rob,

Is this fixed by just removing the vent and replacing or do I need to get behind the dash to replace the foam seal please?

Cheers,
Paul

Vents need to be removed Paul, just removed mine and as expected the foam seal was virtually none existent.
The vents have two metal spring tabs on the top, with a torch shine inside the upper edge and you will see the two tabs about an inch in on both sides. move those tabs downwards with a flat screwdriver and each side will release. Its a bit of a fiddle but manageable.

Take it easy though, so you don't crack the vents or mark the edge of the leather dash with your screwdriver :thumbs:

Thanks again Rob :thumbs:

Will do Chris :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

I had the same and thought after reading the rennlist post my foam was the problem but decided to check that all the servo motors were working before pulling the vent. I found one of the servo motors that divert the airflow to the different vents wasn't working. Might be worth just checking that all the servos are functioning and moving as the the sliders are moved. It's simple to check by removing the plastic trim piece under the bonnet and noting the positions of the servos as you move the levers on the control unit. Luckily my servo just needed stripping down and cleaning the tracks. Working perfectly now and costs nothing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back