Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My lightweight C4

jack.pe

Well i thought there was already a thread on here about my car but cant find it so thought i'd start one.
The story is long and more detail can be seen in the videos on you tube but to cut is short two weeks after a bare metal respray I crashed the car at SPA, cam eoff at about 130mph at the end of Kemmel and was very lucky not to have hurt myself or damaged the car more than it was already.

Mods done are too many to list but include: Sunroof delete, lithium battery, Cup cams, intrax suspension with solid mounts, RS engine mounts, lighweight interior, carbon bonnet.. and the list goes on.

I will be converting the car to a C2 using the existing C4 gearbox in the next few months. More detail here:

797C413E-2D53-4DBA-8E6C-8ECA12D6A61F_zpst9br0gp4.jpg

Hey that looks totally brilliant :thumbs: great video too really enjoyed it - especially as we have a 964 C4 which we had 9M completely transform it by converting to 993 C4 last year :D

Looking forward to your next instalment :thumb:

Cheers

Welcome back Jack :thumbs:

Welcome back chum :thumb: I've been following your youtube vlogs on the updates.

BTW Where's Frank these days? Has he gone deep undercover with his growing car collection :dont know:

Pleased you're on here Jack!
I'm sure I initially read about #27's journey on this forum...? and the vids on YouTube / number27.net too!
Nice to have a chat the other day. Looking forward to hearing about the C4 - C2 change. :thumb:

M

Good to see the car looking good again. These trackday spins aren't good, are they! 😪

I might get my ABS pump looked at for piece of mind, but I do make sure I get it to operate from time to time, to keep things moving in there.

I had a C4 and C2 at the same time, they are different cars but the C4 is a fantastic car. I'm not sure I would be bothering to convert if I were you, but interesting to see if the diff will work.

Cheers guys.. Well 27 mainly does track work nowadays so I think c2 is the way to go! Plus interested in trying the conversion this way as opposed to swapping the gearbox as most others do..

jack.pe said:
Cheers guys.. Well 27 mainly does track work nowadays so I think c2 is the way to go! Plus interested in trying the conversion this way as opposed to swapping the gearbox as most others do..

Trail braising, love it :thumb:
Glad the cars back to perfect jack. I shall be interested to see your progress.

Hi

I enjoyed reading about your car the other night good luck fella :thumb:

Good video, thanks!

Hi Jack,

Nice to see you on here Jack! Love the wheels :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

Enjoyed the vid. The ABS issue looked scary, could have ended much worse :eek:

Hi Jack,

Stumbled across this thread last night after a while away from the forum, promptly watched videos and read your websites.

Very inspirational, I must get my finger out and get on with my jobs!

Looking forward to more updates

Cheers
Steve

Hi Jack, good to see 27 moving onwards. I am considering sunroof delete so evaluating various options and would appreciate a natter on the topic, will pm.

Thanks for all the kind comments fellas, appreciated!

Mondrian, the replacemnt panel i got from Fenn Lane, they do a kit which was about £200 and includes a profile panel to check the roof line once done. Any competent bodycshop can do it.. but best if they've done them before.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back