Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 928

peasoup39

I am about to start recommissioning a 928GTS which has not been dry stored for the last 3 or 4 years. One point that keeps coming up is faulty fuel lines causing fires. I presume this is either to do with steel pipes corroding or rubber hoses perishing. Can anyone explain which are the particular hoses that cause this problem or is it all of them need inspecting.
This is the second of many posts i am likely to make as old 911's are my specialty not 928's
Car not yet delivered but will try to load photos when i get it

The more common place is the fuel pipes over the axle corrodeing , to replace it means dropping the rear axle and it is a whole lot of pain to replace .

Fuel pipes like brake pipes will corrode though , its a visual inspection and if it looks bad enough then it needs to be replaced.

Any rubber pipes that are original could really do with replacement by now as they will be pretty old.

If doing a resto it might be worth getting the inlet mainifold off and haveing a good look around at the various pipes .

Crank angle sensor connection seems to be falling appart on these cars as well .. seen a couple recently .

Hi Demort,

Nice car. You need to have word with igaffz (see Project 928) Ian has done a cracking job with his and I'm sure he'll give you some ideas of what will be required.

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
Hi peasoup39 ,

Nice car. You need to have word with igaffz (see Project 928) Ian has done a cracking job with his and I'm sure he'll give you some ideas of what will be required.

Cheers,
Paul

Edited name :)

I had a look at a couple of 928s last year, quite frankly it all seemed a bit daunting. lovely cars though.

The fuel line will probably be the return section on top of the fuel rail at the front,it was a recall on the 944's and I am pretty sure it will be the same on the 928.
Porsche will still do this recall, fuel lines at the rear can be replaced with easy fit flexible braided hoses and the like which means you do not have to drop the transaxle to fit, Pirtek and similar companies can knock them up for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back