Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rev Range report - high operating hours

markz86

I've just had an independent inspection carried out on a potential purchase and I'm currently having a read through.

There are some ignitions in range 1 and 2 which I'm not concerned with but the point at which these ignitions occurred are recorded /11845.18h. For a 30k mile car that seems like a massively high number. That's nearly a year and a half of constant running! And it's only 4 years old.

Am I reading it wrong? I.e, does the first 1 or 11 not count perhaps due to the way the particular tester is set up?

I'll give northeast a call in the morning to get their take, they talked through everything on the phone but didn't mention operating hours, it's not written in the report either.

Lol .. if its done 355 k miles then that would be correct !

Its an error with the logging i expect .. if its done 55k miles then 1185 hours would be correct.

Ive seen similar many times , best to look at dme data for hours.

For 30 k miles it should be about 975 operateing hours .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back