Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Updated options!

thedarkknight

After 3 colour changes, countless reconfigurations and finally deciding on my 'final options' before lockdown in October Porsche decide to release another flurry of options for the 991.
The list is not exhaustive but sport design package, new sported seats (nice) and exterior painted options have made me ditch my sport design mirrors...

Sounds good... what are you getting??

This is one of my favourite colours at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYNWm9U2IRU

Also has a a hint of purple if you look closely.

Struggling with interior colours; originally red/black (but would clash with the purple in certain lighting conditions), expresso, expresso/congnac, black or the new sport-tex black/grey???

I think I'm now settled on black sport-tex for the interior which means a lighter exterior colour.

Here's my current build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIFBIY2

So it's either black/bordeaux with GT Silver or Agate grey
or
Black/sport-tex with Sapphire blue or Night blue metallic.

I hate these decisions!

Nice spec. :thumb:

Would add in the rear axle steering option - makes a significant and noticeable difference to the precision of the car through all types of bend, especially at speed.

Interesting potential colour options. Personally, the agate grey is disappointing unless the sun is shining. However, on dull days it looks more battleship grey and is lifeless, so IMHO would rule it out. Bite the bullet and go miami blue or lava orange. :D

Nice! It's hard to make final decision isn't it. Looking good!!!

I'm not sure about the potential alternative grey though, looks like they forgot to paint and left it with just primer coat ;)

What actually is sport-tex? is it a fabric finish instead of leather?

Ok,

Agate grey, graphite blue and rhodium silver are out.
Red's and whites are great but not for me on a Porsche.
I would def. get lava orange or miami blue if I had a GT3 :worship:
Not sure if I could take advantage of the rear wheel steer as this is my first porker!
Sport-tex is a hard wearing fabric.

So in order of (equal!) preference:

GT Silver, Black (with Turbo wheels) or Sapphire blue.
I was driving behind a golf GTI this afternoon which looked like the NBM and was left a little uninspired :?

So what's it going to be? Thoughts on additions/ommisions welcome:

Attachments

• sapb_143.jpeg
    sapb_143.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 4,982
  • gtsilv_884.jpeg
    gtsilv_884.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 4,982
  • nbm_372.jpeg
    nbm_372.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 4,982
  • blk_117.jpeg
    blk_117.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 4,982
Is funny what you say about Miami blue, as whilst I liked it, I thought the same.

Colour always such a personal choice, all of those are nice! Have you seen the satin platinum wheels? Suits some car colours nicely. I drove back to silverstone circuit to look at all their cars to conclude my decision.

Whilst you can go unnecessarily mad on options, the light design package is a nice touch. At the end of the day, the base car without options is pretty epic, so anything else is just icing on the cake!!!

Good luck!

Out of the 4 colours short-listed, would go GT Silver.

Just a small point - the painted front lip spoiler and painted side skirts really do look gone. However, they do take a right pounding from road debris/gravel and will become peppered looking after a short time - maybe one reason to leave them black.

Great minds think a like!
GT Silver is at the top now. I was more concerned about scraping the front lip over speed bumps which are in abundance where I am, and whilst I don't mind paying for a front spoiler it would annoying to pay for a painted one. Ditto with the painted side skirts which are also coming off.

:thumb:

TDK.

HSC911 said:
thedarkknight said:
new sported seats (nice)

You HAVE TO get the Sport seats!!!

So 8)

:thumb:

Yes. They are sports seat plus with the new sport tex fabric. My typo.
Now gt silver/black wheels or jet black with / Es spider or turbo wheels??

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back