Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Porsche 911 Scoop !

...those reflectors look like a halfords stick-on/the things you would see on a GT-R.

Of course they are just fitted on the test mule and won't be fitted to the production cars........right :?:

Here is a test mule on the move(991Turbo)

Sorry but that back-end still looks bad to me in it's current form.

It looks bigger/bulkier too vs the 997

wizard993 said:
...those reflectors look like a halfords stick-on/the things you would see on a GT-R.

Of course they are just fitted on the test mule and won't be fitted to the production cars........right :?:

They are stuck on.

Whilst the car parades round with masks on its rear lamps, to comply with TuV regs it must wear auxiliary reflectors.

I can't see what there is not to like. It's virtually identical to the 997.

Only an expert/afficionado/rivet counter would be able to tell the difference.

As a non 997 owner, they both look identical to me. If I saw one in the street, I'd think it was a 997.

It has the same proportions, window line, roof line, rear end, front end, lights, the list goes on.

As a non expert, can anyone tell me what's different ? Yes, a flat(ter) bonnet was mentioned, but really ?

Is it just me, as nobody else appears to have mentioned it, why have they moved the mirror fixing onto the door panel instead of where they were (should be IMHO)?

It's a very 70's thing to do surely, and not sure if I like it, also would be more worried about panel damage should someone lean on it?

Other than that love the exterior, but not too sure if I love the Pan button's, as most have seen it's something that you will either love when you see it in the flesh, or learn to love, I am quite sure that if we look back similar comments would have been made about the 997 launch, 996 launch etc etc.

911BlackEd said:
Is it just me, as nobody else appears to have mentioned it, why have they moved the mirror fixing onto the door panel instead of where they were (should be IMHO)?

It's a very 70's thing to do surely, and not sure if I like it, also would be more worried about panel damage should someone lean on it?

Other than that love the exterior, but not too sure if I love the Pan button's, as most have seen it's something that you will either love when you see it in the flesh, or learn to love, I am quite sure that if we look back similar comments would have been made about the 997 launch, 996 launch etc etc.

All the points you mention are valid (ref damage), the 993 had door mounted mirrors, so I guess it is an homage to that (amongst other reasons)

I think the main reason no one has mentioned them (recently), is that almost all the prototypes, running back 18+ months, have had door mounted mirrors.

Looks like the Halfrauds rear reflectors are there to stay - shame.

Maybe on the accessories list they will offer bolt on overtaking mirrors that you drill a hole in the front wings for!! Very retro! Lol :D

GT4 said:
The 993>996/997>991 soap-on-a-rope effect continues:

0qPxahSd.jpg

The 992 will have no glass-house and will look like this:

IMG_9084.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back