Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Large Porsche wall posters

997man

Looking for some large Porsche posters to 'Porscheify' my garage.

Don't need to be prefect - do need to be cheap :D

Cheers

Chris

Went a slightly different route than paper/card posters.

Downloaded some high resolution images from the Porsche media website and took them to a local graphics company. Full colour 800mmx600mm print-outs on styrene board for £35 each. Showroom quality, and highly moisture/fade resistant.

May be worth a look. :lol:

Attachments

• finished_5_153.png
    finished_5_153.png
    433.7 KB · Views: 274
DRZ911 said:
Went a slightly different route than paper/card posters.

Downloaded some high resolution images from the Porsche media website and took them to a local graphics company. Full colour 800mmx600mm print-outs on styrene board for £35 each. Showroom quality, and highly moisture/fade resistant.

May be worth a look. :lol:

very very nice :thumb: :grin: and your garage is tidier than my lounge :grin:

Pop in to your nearest OPC and ask the nice man in the parts department for some posters. They have an abundance and they are free!

Carefully use wallpaper paste and hey presto.

My garage walls are hand cut bricks with a rough surface so I mounted some 9mm plasterboard for a super end result.

Cheers, Keith.

Phil 997 said:
Wish they were bathroom tiles mate lol, could have a man crapper to go with a man cave. :thumb:

One word for you:
Laminate :D

Or, more words - you can get any design printed on vinyl - you could stick that on your tiles easily?

Halcyon said:
Phil 997 said:
Wish they were bathroom tiles mate lol, could have a man crapper to go with a man cave. :thumb:

One word for you:

Or, more words - you can get any design printed on vinyl - you could stick that on your tiles easily?

:?: not a bad idea Rob :lol:

Halcyon said:

:stay:

Been looking for ideas for my garage. Just bought this poster with the A3 tiles - thanks for the idea!

I'm going to stick it on with the 3M spray stuff.. Don't know how long it'll last with the spray painting which goes on in there now though... Plus, I don't have any laminating sheets left because I used them all up on educational 'anatomical' magazines...

:oops:

Whilst you're out and about in the 911 take some nice places of your car with signs in the background. Adds memory and a list of various places the car has been. Then use Photobucket or another company to print them off.

Your garage will become a memory lane with time. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Halcyon said:
Phil 997 said:

One word for you:

:?: not a bad idea Rob :lol:

Most modern sign writers will have the equipment to print onto vinyl up to 72" width. They shouldn't charge much to do it either :) Or they could fix that to 5mm foam board for wall fixing?

Well, I took your advice and asked at my local OPC.
I now have 3 A2 posters to get laminated/framed.
I got new 911 cab, 911 tintop and a 718 Boxter.

I also got a duplicate of the new 911 Cab - rear view poster - I'd love to swap it with someone for another poster - as the OPC were kind enough to give it, I will not sell it.

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back