Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Proper pronunciation of Macan

Danae

After some research on the Internet, I believe the proper pronunciation of Macan should be "ma shon"...with a soft "a" after the M and the second syllable pronounced with a soft "o".

Of course, many people in the car world still pronounce Porsche as "porsch"!!!
So, this may take A little effort for people to say correctly.

What does everyone think? I have not heard any ads for the new Macan yet.

Hmmm, not really lost any sleep over it tbh.

But I am looking forward to collecting our volcano grey GTS in October!

I thought you just pronounced it 'Macan'?

:dont know:

:grin:

Dealer rep pronounced it "Makaarn"

When my OPC answer the phone the say "Porsch" thought they would know the right way to pronounce it. Mind you when in the states the OPC said Pawsha :dont know: Apparently Mr.Porsche and the descendants do pronounce the name Porscha but it seems that it's also ok when translating to English to say Porsch :dont know: All I know is its my Porsch-aaaah 911 said with a big grin. :thumb: :grin:

Its an Indonesian word apparently, derived from the word for tiger.

This is a video of the launch in indonesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmKsha_y13I

Sounds like match-arn to me when the indonesian lady says it at the beginning, but then mack-arn when the indonesian bloke says it for an english speaking audience a few moments later, but then when the third (german?) guy is on, he says match-arn again.

http://www.wordsense.eu/macan/

But yes, good luck with your campaign of correction!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back