Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What''s the expected pre-delivery mileage on brand new 911'

I was reading about the new Bugatti Chiron in Evo mag- each new car is given a high pressure water test, rolling road test and a high speed run at a local airport to make sure all is in order. Nearly 200 miles running in all. Then the mileage is reset to zero.

I can only speak for one OPC but we never bothered reseting the mileage .. too much hassle and also not worth it .. the cars HAVE to be driven to check them .. handing a car to a customer with 0 miles .. erm .. how did they get it out of the factory and onto the boat springs to mind !

Average would have been 15 - 20 miles .. mechanic r/t .. 4-5 miles .. valeter refuel depending on garage location for fuel 3-4 miles .

Cars delivered were approx 10 miles to OPC .. i think the occasional one had higher milage .. i assumed it was for extended testing at Porsche which would make sense .

Milage can be reset at upto 100 miles only .. after that it cant be done .. well at a Porsche dealership anyways .

Often hear or get asked do you thrash them .. is it fun .. r/t 4-5 cars a day .. do that for 12 years .. No .. i cant be bothered and neither can my collegues , they get driven as needed to check functions or for a specific fault .

I dont intend to loose my licence AND my job just to go fast .. 70 is tops .

Demort said:
I can only speak for one OPC but we never bothered reseting the mileage .. too much hassle and also not worth it .. the cars HAVE to be driven to check them .. handing a car to a customer with 0 miles .. erm .. how did they get it out of the factory and onto the boat springs to mind !

Average would have been 15 - 20 miles .. mechanic r/t .. 4-5 miles .. valeter refuel depending on garage location for fuel 3-4 miles .

Cars delivered were approx 10 miles to OPC .. i think the occasional one had higher milage .. i assumed it was for extended testing at Porsche which would make sense .

Milage can be reset at upto 100 miles only .. after that it cant be done .. well at a Porsche dealership anyways .

Often hear or get asked do you thrash them .. is it fun .. r/t 4-5 cars a day .. do that for 12 years .. No .. i cant be bothered and neither can my collegues , they get driven as needed to check functions or for a specific fault .

I dont intend to loose my licence AND my job just to go fast .. 70 is tops .

Spot on that man! Wise words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back