Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How To Guide - Retro-Fit Cruise Control

Thanks for the great write up. I have done this last night, but didnt have any numbers on the connectors to connect to the cruise control (the one with the 4 wires) It looks from the picture like it is the black wire from the cruise control that goes to the fuse box. Is this right ? This would make it number 2, second in from the back on your pictures.

Muzz said:
Thanks for the great write up. I have done this last night, but didnt have any numbers on the connectors to connect to the cruise control (the one with the 4 wires) It looks from the picture like it is the black wire from the cruise control that goes to the fuse box. Is this right ? This would make it number 2, second in from the back on your pictures.

Hope it's gone well so far and yeah its pin 2 on the 4-pin connector that goes to the fuse box. In this picture it's the 2nd one in from the left (the wire that goes off down the right side of the steering column

IMG_2672.jpg

I'm just about to alter my instructions slightly when it comes to this wire and connecting it to the fuse box. I had problems with the snap-lock connectors, they hadn't pierced the wires so I ended up soldering the wires in properly and everything is working fine now.

Cheers, i'd guessed right anyway. I've had it coded today and all working well.

I need to do this but don't have the torx bits. Will order them I suppose.

What are the chances the airbag blows lol..... :?:

Thanks for the write up!

Aha looks like you found it first :)

As long as you disconnect the battery and leave it a good 20 min it will be fine :thumb:

Give me a shout if you need any assistance

Dear Leon,
Thanks for the excellent "how to", this has galvanised me into action.
I called several OPC's today to order the parts but I have been quoted £269.15 +vat for the 4 stalk cluster! (including Bournemouth)
There is a 10% discount generally available but its still a lot more than you paid.
I would be grateful if you would confirm this is correct or am I doing something wrong??
Regards

Thanks for the comments...hopefully your install goes well!

As for the price I've just dug my invoice out from them to make sure I wasn't mis-quoting and the unit price is showing as 187.74 + VAT and that was from OPC Bournemouth. Checked the part number as well and it's correct soooo maybe blame brexit :floor:

Attachments

• fullsizerender_196.jpg
    fullsizerender_196.jpg
    658.8 KB · Views: 8,170
I will have another ring round OPC's. Best price so far for the 4 stalk is £275 incl vat.
Porsche must be pretty slick if they have increased prices by this amount already, though it is inevitable given current exchange rate. Bet the prices dont reduce so fast if the pound recovers?

Strange , i did a search and found it at design 911 for £199 google shopping .. but click on the link and its £269 ??

Big increase there in a short space of time .

Leon,
I have sent you a PM on this to avoid boring everybody else.
Ian

Just completed this job on my 2004 car following Leons great workshop manual and it worked perfectly.
A couple of comments which might help anyone doing the job.
1. The hazard warning switch surround is a b.....d to get out without damage to the surrounding area. I ended up pulling from the inside with a hooked tool, not prising the external flange which could damage the dash. It was tight!!
2. The cruise control indicator light is very dificult to spot in the speedo area when it is not lit up and I was confused by spotting an identical outline at the extreme right of the row of indicator lights below the gauge cluster . There was no bulb below it so I was concerned there would be no indicator light when I had finished.
I actually removed the gauge cluster again to check it out!
It seems that the printed plastic screen along here is common to Boxters as well and just not used here. For info the bulbs are tiny, soldered in things which according to the manual are not replaceable!
Hope this helps anyone doing this job!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back