Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not so new, not so daily - my jalopy reborn.

CarreraMonkey said:
Benjs said:
Stunning mate. Be interested to see the sport designs in another colour (not been tempted myself, but i do curse them every time i clean it)

a voila!

porsche-19-sport-design-oem-wheels2.jpg

Yea seeing that pic of the dark ones they do look the dogs mate, and red cars with dark wheels do look good. :thumb: :grin:

Maybe a red and black badge would do it for me.... :?:

They do cool badges, that's for sure. 8)

Not sure I'd fork out $400 for one though. :what:

Benjs said:
Stunning mate. Be interested to see the sport designs in another colour (not been tempted myself, but i do curse them every time i clean it)

Ben, I am watching you mate. My money is on you getting out of yours as you have said house buy etc. and getting into a red cayman 2.7 with black alloys. I can almost hear the cogs working away. :thumb: :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Benjs said:

Ben, I am watching you mate. My money is on you getting out of yours as you have said house buy etc. and getting into a red cayman 2.7 with black alloys. I can almost hear the cogs working away. :thumb: :grin: :grin:

Moi? (deleting internet search history)

I have to say i'm also hoping for a windfall, lost wealthy relative, generous benefactor (heck sugar daddy if needs must) to keep the 997

Benjs said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Benjs said:
I have to say i'm also hoping for a windfall, lost wealthy relative, generous benefactor (heck sugar daddy if needs must) to keep the 997

www.richsugardaddies.co.uk

Your 'Ben' efactor awaits... :D

I fall down at the first question, but with a little photoshop ;)

:floor: and taadaa presenting Bengimina ready to go, looking emmmm well just looking :dont know:

Attachments

• 1d1_157.jpg
    1d1_157.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 3,941
CarreraMonkey said:
Maybe a red and black badge would do it for me.... :?:

They do cool badges, that's for sure. 8)

Not sure I'd fork out $400 for one though. :what:

I paid $250 shipped for mine and it was a custom made non stock item.
so about £185 not exactly a bargain ,but ok for a one off piece of Poreche Art :thumb: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
:floor: and taadaa presenting Bengimina ready to go, looking emmmm well just looking :dont know:

Bengimina looks like she'd be right up Wayne Rooney's street! :grin:

Go for it!!

:D

The plan was to machine polish my Guards red C4S, but things conspired against me today as happens sometimes. So I scaled back my ambitions and decided to skip that stage this time.

Interestingly, after snow foam, a 2 bucket wash, paint decontamination and clay, I was pleasantly surprised. It could definitely do with some paint correction, but it wasn't as bad as expected.

A coat of Blckfire GEP and it was looking pretty good indeed! At which point, in excitement (perhaps), I also forgot to put a coat of AFPP and went straight to putting on a coat of Blackfire Midnight sun. An hour or so later I applied a second coat of MS.

Although I failed spectacularly (twice) today, the results are still very impressive! It actually looks better in the flesh than in the photos. I think it's impossible to get bad results with BF products.

Looking forward to your comments. :)

Now it's starting to look like it's getting the monkey magic :dance: that depth is stating to show , you can already see that going to polish up really well :thumb: red looks great when highly polished . 8)

Phil 997 said:
Now it's starting to look like it's getting the monkey magic :dance: that depth is stating to show , you can already see that going to polish up really well :thumb: red looks great when highly polished . 8)

Why thank you..

A machine polish will definitely improve it further, but for what I did and how long it took, I'm quite impressed.

That's a cracker! But leave the wheels, silver with red :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
That's a cracker! But leave the wheels, silver with red :thumb:

+1

Leave the silver wheels where they are👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back