Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Forward facing child seat that will fit all 993 coupes!

MattyR

After giving up on finding a forward facing child seat for my 15 month old daughter; we were all in Halfords the other day (you know you love it) with the intention of purchasing three child seats (don't ask - needless to say it involves ease of childcare combined w/ the various vehicles involved). Anyway, I digress!

We opted for some budget offering as did not want to repeat three more purchases of the current 500 pound note seat in the Rangie. On the off chance I though hey let's give it a whirl in the 911 as the base looked slim. Hey-presto chaps it is snug as a bug with no seat belt extension required and NORMAL leg room for my wife. It's voodoooo I tell ye!

Pics and unglamorous model tag below.

Attachments

• image_789.jpeg
    image_789.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 13,635
  • image_648.jpeg
    image_648.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 13,632
  • image_976.jpeg
    image_976.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 13,633
  • image_281.jpeg
    image_281.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 13,634
Ah very good. I looked at these and wondered if they fit given their slim dimensions. I also thought they looked pretty smart at the price point.

Their high back booster at £25 looks good too, but I had concerns about just how much r&d can have been used in its making given the price. Probably just as good as any other and doesn't have the parental fear mark up.

i stopped into Halfords today to try this seat in the 993 and when we tried it in the car the car seat guys there were of the opinion it wasn't a safe fit.

The back of the car seat does not go far enough back into the car's rear seat...there's a gap that you could slide your hand into, meaning in a crash the seat could easily slide downwards.

I have to agree with them...unless we just weren't trying hard enough? It's not nearly as snug a fit as my existing Concord Cabriofix, which truly does fit right into the crevice of the seat.

Just my 2 pence, don't want to put a downer on your purchase but feel it's important to share that others should try this seat in the flesh and make up their own mind rather than buying online....

I felt that, when the seat was cocked into the fully upright position, it was stable and to my liking. Yes there is a gap you could get a hand into; however this is the same with the Britax offering in my Range Rover sport and wife's Fiat 500 which was approved by the car seat safety centre. The gap is slightly more prevelant in the 993 with the Halfords seat but, for me anyway, adequate. Obviously other may feel differently, which is fine! Always good to have differing perspectives.

sounds good! while there's a thread on it, apparently this is the definitive 993 car seat for ~3 to 12 year olds and is meant to fit like a glove...haven't tried it though:

Maxi-Cosi Rodi SPS Group 2-3 Car Seat - Black

49-3766372SSUC1620414X.jpg

child seats

Would you need to use the cars seat belt to hold child in with maxi cosi? Would the standard seat belt be long enough? Its a lot of hassle to go and need to get longer seat belts.

It might fit better if you took the passenger seat back out of the car before fitting the baby seat?

I have the maxi-cosi and it seems to be a good fit. It has a movable base plate that needs to be at it's furthest setting from the actual base of the seat and then use the seat belt buckle from the other rear seat and the belt is just long enough... this might not work as well as little ones get bigger!?!

I would not consider removing the rear seat back as the contours behind the seat are even more raked than the seat back itself so the seat would easily pivot backwards as it would only touch at the very bottom.

Ultimately with such precious cargo you have to be happy with the fit so anyone considering this should go to Halfords or somewhere else and try the seat for themselves!

I used the basic Maxi Cosi Rodi (no isofix, detachable base, height adjustable back) which fitted fine - no need for belt extensions.

If anyone has a pic of the Maxi-Cosi Rodi SPS 'installed' would you mind posting it. I'm guessing you have to put the passenger seat quite a way forward to make space for the child's legs?

My little girl's 4.5 and she needs a bigger seat, she currently has a Mamas & Papas Sicuro... it doesn't look nearly as safe as the Maxi-Cosi either.

Cheers and thanks

NEVER travel with children in your 993 - its inherently unsafe, says it the manual I'm sure.........there always touching stuff, smearing things on the window and asking stupid questions :grin:

I also have the halfords essentials 123 in the back of my 997 for my 2 year old. Fits like its made for it and is mega secure with the cars seatbelt. Good value for money too!

Here are some pics of the Maxi Cosi Rodi installed.. with 5 year old also installed

I have the Rodi, a perfect fit in both 993 and 996.
Cheers,
Tore

Hi Matty

I've got this seat but struggling to get the seat belt to reach. did you have any issues with this?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back