Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

road trip spares to carry?

Ha, I wish! No such creature comforts Bob, it was a solo trip.
That tubing held a beautifully made leather box that kept the aforementioned repair kit!
Here, looking a little dusty, rather stuck in the Angolian Nabibe desert . . .
:eek:

Attachments

• angola_diggin_in_178.jpg
    angola_diggin_in_178.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 5,800
Hell, Bob, I've just seen what you mean!!!
:floor:
PS Sorry for the hijack . . .

Reminded me of the opening scenes of The Beverley Hillbillies....(showing my age!)

jhrfc said:
I've done a forum search for this but no joy.
Doing a trip through France and Spain about 2500 miles. and am wondering what if any spares to take, and would like advice,
Bear in mind a) i am not capable of doing anything too advanced mechanically. and b) i won't have a lot of room in the car any way!
My cab is quite early, a 94.
My thoughts :
Oil (although it doesn't use much 1L will be fine)
DME relay, It does have a 993 part number, but should i take a spare anyway?
Tyre and brake pads, are fine for wear. drive the car regularly and everything seems fine.
Anything else?
Cheers
J

I have just done a similar trip in my 997 turbo, Alicante and back for a wedding.In my opinion the only essentials were underpants and a credit card!

Good luck and enjoy!

Riviera Bob said:
Reminded me of the opening scenes of The Beverley Hillbillies....(showing my age!)

You're on fire today Bob!
:floor:

RJW1881 said:
jhrfc said:
I've done a forum search for this but no joy.
Doing a trip through France and Spain about 2500 miles. and am wondering what if any spares to take, and would like advice,
Bear in mind a) i am not capable of doing anything too advanced mechanically. and b) i won't have a lot of room in the car any way!
My cab is quite early, a 94.
My thoughts :
Oil (although it doesn't use much 1L will be fine)
DME relay, It does have a 993 part number, but should i take a spare anyway?
Tyre and brake pads, are fine for wear. drive the car regularly and everything seems fine.
Anything else?
Cheers
J

I have just done a similar trip in my 997 turbo, Alicante and back for a wedding.In my opinion the only essentials were underpants and a credit card!

Good luck and enjoy!

...... I always go "commando" ........ for more than one reason ........ and it ain't to do with luggage ........ :bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back